Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2019, 05:54 PM   #1

Slide issue

This thing has been at my local CW three times for warranty work. They have diagnosed and “fixed” the slide each time. The last time they told me I must be driving on very rough roads to keep knocking the slide around whatever that means.

I’m not sure what the slide is supposed to sound and look like when it goes in and out, but I still think it is not functioning properly. When I extend the slide out, the top front part (upper 90) of the slide hits the wall leaving the rest of the slide at least an inch away from the wall. If I continue to extend the slide the carpet on the bottom starts to curl up on the front and the upper part of the slide obviously binds against the wall.

When the slide is fully extended should the gap be uniform around the entire slide? Since mine is not what should they be doing to fix this problem. I have another CW a little further away so I guess I will head south and give that one a try. I just want to sound like I know what I’m talking about when I call. Thanks for your help.
TonyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:29 PM   #2

What rig do you have?

The top usually hits first and then the bottom a second or so later. And yes you may very well see a variation in the gap on the inside. When you say the carpet curls up does the slide drop down slightly at the floor. That too is perfectly normal with a "flat floor slide".
Old 12-22-2019, 01:36 PM   #3

Weird. My signature is gone.

2019 JayFlight SLX 267BHSW.

Yes, the slide drops and the floor is flat. That is the point where the top front corner is already touching the wall. The rest of the slide is at least an inch away. I just didn’t know if the gap should be equal all the way around?

2018 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.4L
TonyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 02:38 PM   #4

My small slide is tight top to bottom. Large slide is tight at top with gap at bottom about 5/8" to 3/4". I questioned my dealer about it needing to be adjusted, but they said there was nothing wrong with it. All other issues I have had with the RV, the dealer has given my good answers and has taken care of fixing everything correctly so, it is hard to question their answer about the slide.