Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2020, 09:38 PM   #1

Toilet won't keep water flush valve

In our 2018 Jayco Eagle HT (27.5 RLTS), our toilet won't keep the water above the flush valve. It may be a co-incidence, but it was OK, but after I put some of the black tank chemical down the toilet, it started leaking. I coated the rubber ring with Vaseline and it quit leaking for a couple of days, but then it started leaking again. I tried re-applying the Vaseline, but this time it was no help. It looks like I need to pull the toilet and change the rubber ring but I can't find any indication of what brand or model number the toilet is so I can order a new ring. Where do they hide that information?

Anybody else have trouble with the flush valve after they put some tank chemical in?
KA9J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:51 PM   #2

What I do when that happens is first, turn the water off then open the flush valve and with a 3M pad ( the white one ) wipe the underside of the toilet and wipe the flush valve also. Add your Vaseline and you should be good to go ( so to speak). Mine is now 10 years old and still works fine.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:58 AM   #3

I use silicone plumbing grease on mine. Even with that, sometimes have to let the foot pedal snap back in order to get the ball to seat properly. I change the ring years ago and I am pretty sure the original one was teflon where the replacement is rubber. This is a Dometic 210. Anyway, letting the pedal snap back and silicone have helped. Currently holding antifreeze since last October.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD
steveb285rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:31 AM   #4

A Mr. Clean magic eraser and plumbers silicone grease. If that fails, replace the seal.