Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2021, 05:24 PM   #21

Easiest way is to get a 100w solar panel and controller, a PWM one is fine but MPPT are more efficient. Plug the controller into the panel and the controller into the wires for solar port near the tongue and batteries. The port on the roof is more difficult for the gopower prewire. Panels connect to roof port fine, however the PWM controller they intend you to use must be installed in the wall behind the sticker. They purposely cut the wires there so they aren’t continuously ran to the batteries. Again the PWM controller isn’t as efficient as MPPT and go power doesn’t have a flush mount MPPT controller so it will look like crap installed there. I removed the wall panel and connected the wires allowing me to install a renogy MPPT controller closer to the batteries.
jrobb911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 06:53 PM   #22

YES, technically it is a CHARGE CONTROLLER
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 09:01 AM   #23
SWF

Jayco solar on the roof

For my 2021 Jayfeather X19 it was solar ready on the roof and "solar on the side" near the battery. I went on Amazon and bought the following:
1.Renogy Adventurer 30A 12V/24V Negative Ground PWM Flush Mount Charge Controller with LCD Display $47.99
2. Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Panel, Compact Design 42.4 X 20.0 X 1.38 in $97.74
3. Renogy Solar Panel Mounting Z Bracket Mount Supporting for RV $10.71
4. Lap sealant tube $8
Extremely easy installation. I also have a 20W panel from my last TT that came with a charge controller taped to the back of the panel which I used with the solar on the side plug, also very easy. Now I don't plug into the shore power at home to keep the batteries maintained. Best upgrade investment yet.
SWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:02 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWF View Post
For my 2021 Jayfeather X19 it was solar ready on the roof and "solar on the side" near the battery. I went on Amazon and bought the following:
1.Renogy Adventurer 30A 12V/24V Negative Ground PWM Flush Mount Charge Controller with LCD Display $47.99
2. Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Panel, Compact Design 42.4 X 20.0 X 1.38 in $97.74
3. Renogy Solar Panel Mounting Z Bracket Mount Supporting for RV $10.71
4. Lap sealant tube $8
Extremely easy installation. I also have a 20W panel from my last TT that came with a charge controller taped to the back of the panel which I used with the solar on the side plug, also very easy. Now I don't plug into the shore power at home to keep the batteries maintained. Best upgrade investment yet.
What wires are behind the wall is it just the roof solar wires or does it have the battery connections there too? Thank you
eml1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 08:06 AM   #25
SWF

Quote:
Originally Posted by eml1958 View Post
What wires are behind the wall is it just the roof solar wires or does it have the battery connections there too? Thank you
Both panel and battery wiring is there.
SWF is offline   Reply With Quote