Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-14-2016, 03:01 PM   #31

Last fall with kids from 2 different camp sites... The family next to us fed very well while their kids and our kids watched TV.... Everyone had a blast
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0414.jpg  

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:10 PM   #32

Funny... I have had a TV in my last two RV's and never turned then on while parked. The kids do use the TV in the motorhome while we travel.

But then things went horribly wrong... My beloved Blue Jays were playing October Baseball and I had booked a camping trip to Tennessee... You can bet it did not take me long to figure out how to get the signal into my RV and then relax with some good'ole Moonshine.

My TV is inside so the neighbours did not get to enjoy the game with me... But some folks 4 sites over did stop my wife at one point to ask if everything was ok... I may have been cheering a little loudly

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:10 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1961 View Post
Last fall with kids from 2 different camp sites... The family next to us fed very well while their kids and our kids watched TV.... Everyone had a blast
A couple of years ago our church had a group family camping event where we took a video projector and an inflatable screen along in order to show movies. That was a huge hit.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:14 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswald One View Post
My TV is inside so the neighbours did not get to enjoy the game with me... But some folks 4 sites over did stop my wife at one point to ask if everything was ok... I may have been cheering a little loudly
During a fall camping trip (campground nearly empty), our neighbors across the way had a pretty big TV standing in their 5th wheel's basement storage compartment. It drew a fair-size crowd for the Sunday NFL games, and the baseball playoff games that were on.

Our new Jay Feather TT has a built-in TV and entertainment center. Guess we'll watch more TV now.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:41 PM   #35

I used to think there is no way I would ever watch TV while camping. That didn't last. Now I think there is no way I would ever watch TV outside while camping. But there is a part of me that can see into the future...and he sees that I will be watching TV outside...I haven't done it yet...but it is in my future.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:04 PM   #36

We just started. I upgraded the main room tv and now use the old tv outside on a mount that came with the RV. Love it.

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Flat towing a 2008 Miata.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:56 PM   #37

Quote:
I have to smile at your question.

5 Years ago sitting in my tent - Look at those people in RV's, why did they even bother, if your going to camp dang it.. CAMP.

3 Years ago sitting in my tent - Look at those people in RV's.. Hmm.. looks kinda nice.

2 Years ago sitting in my RV. Look at those people with TV's. If their going to camp dang it, then CAMP.

1 Year ago sitting outside my RV watching TV.. Wow.. Look at all those poor people sitting in tents... They don't know what their missing....

In short.. Don't worry.. If you want to watch TV inside, outside or on your roof then do it. Camping is for fun.. So have fun.... YOUR WAY..... Whichever that may be...
My wife and I have participated in a couple of bike rallies with our tent and had fun minimalizing it for about 4 days. I couldn't imaging trying the tents with our whole family.

Our family is in the infantile stage of RV'ing. With 5 kids under the age of 13, we decided to "go big or stay home" with the camper we ordered. We wanted something that, if we were 200 miles from home and it rained for an extended period of time "out of no where", we could keep our sanity for a couple of days. Hence the 375BHFS decision. We also plan to use it while doing renovations in our home.

Great post- The older I get the less I like roughing it.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #38

Well said, totally agree. Over the past 46 years my path in the camping world has followed a similar trail. Keep having fun.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad Jeep Unlimited
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:44 AM   #39

Quote:
I have to smile at your question.

5 Years ago sitting in my tent - Look at those people in RV's, why did they even bother, if your going to camp dang it.. CAMP.

3 Years ago sitting in my tent - Look at those people in RV's.. Hmm.. looks kinda nice.

2 Years ago sitting in my RV. Look at those people with TV's. If their going to camp dang it, then CAMP.

1 Year ago sitting outside my RV watching TV.. Wow.. Look at all those poor people sitting in tents... They don't know what their missing....

In short.. Don't worry.. If you want to watch TV inside, outside or on your roof then do it. Camping is for fun.. So have fun.... YOUR WAY..... Whichever that may be...
Ours comes out at night for down time for our kids with a DVD. As soon as the landing gear hits the parking spot and kids help set up they are gone. Riding bikes, fishing, playground, RUNNING all around with other kids.
My kids go until they are so exhausted they get sick, so I am ok with kids sitting in front of a movie at night outside in lawn chairs with a bag of popcorn, this is done after marshmallows, glove sticks, bug chasing and playing in the dark.

The TV is also nice during the fall football games as well.

We do not have cable or satellite at home and this year I am looking at one of those tailgater pay as you go deals...

We did the same thing "looking out of the tent" frowning at people with their TV's etc. Now I can see its uses as we mostly camp local. If we ever get the chance to go to the mountains or somewhere very remote I do not see the TV coming out much.

Pegsmi98 is offline   Reply With Quote