Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2021, 03:55 AM   #1

Xantrex Freedom X and Bluetooth app

Having the hardest time getting the two to communicate. i have mastered, if that's the word, the BMPRO, the Go Power solar app, The Winegard unit, but this last one is proving difficult. I have tried all I have found so far online, including giving the Android phone permissions to use the app, which someone on YouTube mentioned. The problem seems to be the remote screen will not go in the pairing mode, which calls for pushing and holding the escape button until the numbers start flashing. No matter how long I hold it it doesn't seem to go in the pair mode. The App of course is looking and unable to find it.
Old 08-28-2021, 05:06 AM   #2

I may have answered my own question. The remote controller installed by Jayco on its flagship Pinnacle is not Bluetooth compatible! They make one you can buy that is Bluetooth for about $80. Amazing.
Old 08-28-2021, 10:35 AM   #3

Copy, same here as I was trying to do the same...haven't purchased the bluetooth version yet, but will soon....
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 12:27 PM   #4

I could not figure out what I was doing wrong, and early this morning watching a YouTube video after the fellow mentioned the Bluetooth mark on the screen, a light came on. I will call the company Monday and see if i can purchase from them. On their web site, they offer a firmware update for the remote panel, and Jayco in their infinite wisdom, installed the inverter in the basement with access to the ass end, but not the front side that I presume has the USB connection needed to do this update. If I can get it from them, I am sure it will be either updated or they can do it before shipping to me.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topperace View Post
Copy, same here as I was trying to do the same...haven't purchased the bluetooth version yet, but will soon....

Ok, update for ya. First of all, if you have the standard Xantrex Freedom X that came with the unit, forget all I said about the firmware update as it is not applicable to us but a different model. The actual install takes about as long as it takes to unscrew 2 screws and unplug the cable in the back, and reconnect and screw panel back in. One Itty bitty small caveat, when you unplug the cable be sure to pull it out enough so that it will not fall back in that dark hole!!! Ask me how I know!! Otherwise, the App found it right away and its working great. Now back to you tube and find a couple of videos explaining all you can do with it. I was amazed at all the sawdust behind the panel. The old panel actually has sawdust behind the screen. I first thought it was the protective plastic covering, but it somehow ended behind the screen as well. Not aesthetically pleasing at all.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
I may have answered my own question. The remote controller installed by Jayco on its flagship Pinnacle is not Bluetooth compatible! They make one you can buy that is Bluetooth for about $80. Amazing.
The Xantrex Bluetooth controller is crap. It does not remain connected and requires a new login every time the device (phone, iPad etc…) is used for a different function. Xantrex doesn’t know when the issue will be fixed. Don’t waste the money.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:53 PM   #7

Well, in the short amount of time since installing it, it has worked well and remained connected walking around the camper with the Android phone. Not sure what you mean by separate logins. I did go out of the App a couple of times but it came right back up when App restarted. What it does have is clear access to all the settings and parameters you can monitor and change within the inverter. They are all doable within the panel as well, I believe, but you would need the patience of a saint to accomplish them.