Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2019, 08:27 AM   #1

Brake Temperature Differences

I have a 2012 Cougar Xlite 29ft. I have enjoyed this Jayco forum for information over the past few years. I had a brake not fully releasing and dragging a bit causing heat up. After several attempt at repair, i was advised to just change the assembly out. I grabbed a brake assembly from Princess auto, a Rockwell, and installed. The drag/heat up problem was solved. But now i find that brake does not hardly heat up at all compared to the other 3. Coil is energizing, replacement was identical in size to old and i did install the correct left hand side one. Is there a difference in coil strengths? Should i have changed all 4 as a set or purchased different manufacturer. I know Princess auto stuff may not be the best choice. Curious if any others have had similar issues.

Thx, tim
timbob is offline   Reply With Quote