Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-05-2018, 08:39 PM   #1

DIY Curtis Q16 Slider Hitch Install

Anyone Install a 5th wheel hitch in there truck ? Have 2013 Ram 3500 short bed just bought Jayco Eagle 5th wheel and a Curtis Q16 slider hitch , called local dealer who said $600 ish for rail kit and to install ? Is that worth the headache or can a guy spend a lil time and do it himself ? Thanks for any advice positive or negative lol
Toneman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #2

If your handy you could do it yourself. I put my B&W slider with rails in my 3500. Just make sure you measure and quadruple check the measurements. If you're like me, I definitely had pucker factor before I began to drill! It's not that bad...you'll have to put the support brackets in underneath the truck and bolt everything up.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:50 AM   #3

Make sure you have good drill bits(start with a small bit and work your way up, being careful your drill doesn't get caught as you break through the hole). Yes double check your measurements and make sure you have all the parts. I bought a custom kit for my Ram and brackets were well worth the extra price. You will probably need some jack stands since my truck needed both tires and spare off the truck. Check ETrailer for install videos too, they had one for my exact truck that I watched several times.
2008 Pilgrim 328 BHSS(sold)
1995 Jayco 264 BH(sold)
2012 Ram CC Cummins 4x4 SRW w/4.10 gears using Andersen Ultimate hitch
Rmgrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:08 AM   #4

Thank you guys for your input , guess I know what I’m doing next weekend . Just needed to hear it’s do able ! Looking forward to having a 5th r
Toneman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #5

I put the Reese puck kit under the bed of my new Chev so I could re-use the Elite I had.

Not sure if you'll have to lift the bed up or not for the Curt but if so then lube the bolts for a few days. Measure 15x, drill once.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote