Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2015, 09:31 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: CANADA
Posts: 368
F150 Ecoboost - Mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
Pete, you may be surprised but some of the EcoBoost trucks have quite a big of cargo capacity. When I had one, the payload was 2450 lbs. I scaled it and it was well within my range and then some.
Not a Screw thought right? I scoured the lots when we bought last summer and didn't find a Screw anywhere near that for payload. That being said, I was only looking at FX4 trim level and up. Our Max Tow equipped Screw is 1529 payload I believe. But we do have the heavy trim package (power running boards must weigh a lot!).
__________________

__________________
2015 Jayco X213
2014 Ford F-150 Platinum EcoBoost w/ MaxTow
SilverEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:46 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Renfrew
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEscape View Post
Not a Screw thought right? I scoured the lots when we bought last summer and didn't find a Screw anywhere near that for payload. That being said, I was only looking at FX4 trim level and up. Our Max Tow equipped Screw is 1529 payload I believe. But we do have the heavy trim package (power running boards must weigh a lot!).

I'm just going by the rough numbers of the HT 29.5BHDS
Max weight aprox =10k
Pin weight @ 20% =2k
5er hitch = 100+lbs
4 passengers = 4-500lbs (in my case + driver might be a little over the 180lbs they account for)
=?
In my case I didn't need a Cat scale to see if my pin weight was ok on a truck with a 1500 ish payload! now with those numbers you would be close if not over a 2400 lbs payload (I would think a 2400lbs payload would be a reg cab? which wouldn't hold 4 peeps but I'm not sure the capacities of the F150s)
__________________

__________________

2015 F350 XLT SRW 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4
Reese Elite 18k
2015 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
Ont Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: CANADA
Posts: 368
F150 Ecoboost - Mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ont Pete View Post
I'm just going by the rough numbers of the HT 29.5BHDS
Max weight aprox =10k
Pin weight @ 20% =2k
5er hitch = 100+lbs
4 passengers = 4-500lbs (in my case + driver might be a little over the 180lbs they account for)
=?
In my case I didn't need a Cat scale to see if my pin weight was ok on a truck with a 1500 ish payload! now with those numbers you would be close if not over a 2400 lbs payload (I would think a 2400lbs payload would be a reg cab? which wouldn't hold 4 peeps but I'm not sure the capacities of the F150s)

I don't believe the OP has a fiver though. For one, you can't put a 5th wheel hitch on the short box F-150 and when I look up the 29BHDS, it's a travel trailer (not the 29.5BHDS) http://www.jayco.com/products/travel...flight/29bhds/

If I had that trailer, with what we take, we'd provably be about 8K for weight which lends itself to a 1K tongue weight maybe? With that, we'd only be able to put our family of 5 in the truck and nothing else. And the two little ones wouldn't be allowed to grow and get any heavier. LOL

So I know we wouldn't be comfortable towing a trailer of those weights. Ours has a 700# tongue weight and we feel it's a high as we can go.
__________________
2015 Jayco X213
2014 Ford F-150 Platinum EcoBoost w/ MaxTow
SilverEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:13 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Renfrew
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
I get 10 on average pulling my 5'er. Like McFarmall said, the power and torque you get with a Ecoboost is very deceiving and has far exceeded my expectations. I do have a Bully Dog Triple Gas tuner and cold air intake on my truck. This has helped immensely to get rid of the mushy pedal and get the truck up to speed much sooner, which saves gas in the long run. I wouldn't change a thing. I absolutely love my truck !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentB View Post
My numbers are virtually identical to yours with my Toyota Tundra 5.7L towing a 31RKS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEscape View Post
I don't believe the OP has a fiver though. For one, you can't put a 5th wheel hitch on the short box F-150 and when I look up the 29BHDS, it's a travel trailer (not the 29.5BHDS) 2015 Jay Flight 29BHDS | Jayco, Inc.

If I had that trailer, with what we take, we'd provably be about 8K for weight which lends itself to a 1K tongue weight maybe? With that, we'd only be able to put our family of 5 in the truck and nothing else. And the two little ones wouldn't be allowed to grow and get any heavier. LOL

So I know we wouldn't be comfortable towing a trailer of those weights. Ours has a 700# tongue weight and we feel it's a high as we can go.

I wasn't really replying to the original poster I guess, but some of the replies I guess, 1 of which was a 5er 29.5BHDS and the other is a 31RKS which specs give it a 1015 lbs dry hitch weight which to me seem like they are pushing the allowances. That being said I did not know the F150s had anywhere near 2500lbs towing, that being said I think I phrased it as a question.
BTW I tried to get my kids to stop growing but it didn't work. I figured it was easier to upgrade the TV than it was to put us all on a diet! lol
__________________

2015 F350 XLT SRW 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4
Reese Elite 18k
2015 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
Ont Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:33 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: CANADA
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ont Pete View Post
I wasn't really replying to the original poster I guess, but some of the replies I guess, 1 of which was a 5er 29.5BHDS and the other is a 31RKS which specs give it a 1015 lbs dry hitch weight which to me seem like they are pushing the allowances. That being said I did not know the F150s had anywhere near 2500lbs towing, that being said I think I phrased it as a question.
BTW I tried to get my kids to stop growing but it didn't work. I figured it was easier to upgrade the TV than it was to put us all on a diet! lol
Ah ok, I guess I missed some of the bigger trailers in the posts. According to my Ford towing guide, the 2014's could have a payload up to 3,120 pounds. I don't think any Screw would have that though, and it would have to be a fairly optionless truck.
__________________
2015 Jayco X213
2014 Ford F-150 Platinum EcoBoost w/ MaxTow
SilverEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Renfrew
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEscape View Post
Ah ok, I guess I missed some of the bigger trailers in the posts. According to my Ford towing guide, the 2014's could have a payload up to 3,120 pounds. I don't think any Screw would have that though, and it would have to be a fairly optionless truck.

Have to wonder how a 1/2ton can be rated for 1 1/2 tons of payload! lol Especially when my F350 has a max payload of 3970lbs?
__________________

2015 F350 XLT SRW 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4
Reese Elite 18k
2015 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
Ont Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:11 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Quahog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEscape View Post
Not a Screw thought right? I scoured the lots when we bought last summer and didn't find a Screw anywhere near that for payload. That being said, I was only looking at FX4 trim level and up. Our Max Tow equipped Screw is 1529 payload I believe. But we do have the heavy trim package (power running boards must weigh a lot!).

Yes, it was a Screw. My truck had the HD Payload and Max Tow feature codes on it. It was an XLT but I added all the convenience features also.
__________________
Mike, Sue, Sissy and Little Man

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:33 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: CANADA
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
Yes, it was a Screw. My truck had the HD Payload and Max Tow feature codes on it. It was an XLT but I added all the convenience features also.

Well cool. I only looked at one XLT but never checked the payload as it was missing some feature I "needed". LOL HD Payload wasn't an option on my model; just Max Tow.
__________________
2015 Jayco X213
2014 Ford F-150 Platinum EcoBoost w/ MaxTow
SilverEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:22 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tualatin
Posts: 3
In April we towed our 2015 23MBH 2000 miles RT to D-land. All I-5 at 60-65 mph with our 2013 F150 Fx4 ecoboost screw. Averaged 9.1 mpg.
Marml262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:53 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
jsallman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ames
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEscape View Post
Well cool. I only looked at one XLT but never checked the payload as it was missing some feature I "needed". LOL HD Payload wasn't an option on my model; just Max Tow.
For those curious minds, The max payload on my SuperCrew is 1900lbs, towing capacity is 11,200lbs. Its configured with maxtow. GVWR on the trailer is 9750, and if you figure 15% tongue weight 1462 we be OK as long as the bed was empty (we don't weigh much when 2 passengers are 3 and 5 :-) ), dry weight is of course much less, Jayco says hitch weight is only 660, which is under 10% of the total dry weight of 6870.

I do intend to do a loaded scale test however, but no real point till we load it up.

I admit, we were looking at some of the 31XXXX models and I was a little concerned on the tongue weight vs payload. Happy we found the model we did. May upgrade to a 3/4 ton if we use it enough down the road, we will have to see. Considered it when we bought a few years ago, but Its also a daily driver and we thought we were gonna go the travel trailer route but weren't 100% sure. Nice thing about the one I have, it fits in the garage (barely).

To all posters, thank you for all the responses. This forum is awesome, full of good info.
__________________

__________________
2016 Jayflight 29BHDS
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab - 6.4 Hemi
2013 Ford F150 Supercrew EcoBoost, MaxTow (Loved and Sold)

Equal-i-zer Weight distribution system
jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.