Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2020, 04:22 PM   #1

Help! No DC power! 2015 jay feather x19 h

Hello! I have a 2015 Jay feather x19 H. It’s been running flawless for the for the 3 years I’ve had it. Last week I was was camping with shore power everything ran good until I noticed lights were going dim and awning would not go in. Checked battery and notices they were low. Being plugged in to shore power I figure the batteries should be staying charged. All my 110v power appliances work.. ac, microwave, outlets, exc. I checked all beakers and fuses in box under fridge. All good. Checked 30A in-line fuse underneath trailer inline with batteries. All good. I plugged trailer into my truck and all dc power works. Lights came on, awning power is there. I’m sure it’s just a fuse or a manual breaker but I can’t for the life of me find it. I’ve takin apart everything I can short of cutting holes or removing appliances. Pretty positive it’s and easy fix and would hate to bring into dealer. Please help
Tony B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:09 PM   #2

It sounds like a converter issue. With the Rv plugged into shore power check voltage at the battery. It should be around 13.6V if the converter is working properly.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:57 PM   #3
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
Last week I was was camping with shore power everything ran good until I noticed lights were going dim and awning would not go in. Checked battery and notices they were low. Being plugged in to shore power I figure the batteries should be staying charged. All my 110v power appliances work.. ac, microwave, outlets, exc. I checked all beakers and fuses in box under fridge. All good. Checked 30A in-line fuse underneath trailer inline with batteries. All good. I plugged trailer into my truck and all dc power works. Lights came on, awning power is there. I’m sure it’s just a fuse or a manual breaker but I can’t for the life of me find it.
First off, fuses and breakers either work or they don't, they don't "partially" work. If lights are dim and awning slow or not working, it's a voltage or connection problem.

I'd check the batteries first. What voltage are they at when not plugged into shore power? How many times have they been run down very low? Could be bad/weak batteries.

Next, I'd check ground connections. With a 2015 rig, many people have reported corroded ground connections with older rigs for battery and other wiring circuits. Slide under the rig and make sure all frame connections are good and clean.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:50 AM   #4

The converter is on a 15 amp circuit breaker. Check the incoming voltage at the converter. check to outgoing DC voltage at the converter.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote