Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingpin View Post
Anyone know how long they take to ship?
When I ordered ours back in June/July they arrived just about a week after calling them. I remember being impressed with the response for a small operation like theirs.

Retired: 2014 X23B
mitechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #12

Bob Pitney over at PUGs is very responsive. If you email sales@telegizmos.com he'll likely respond quickly; however note it looks like they are closing down shop for a few days this week for holiday or something. Its all on their website.

s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #13

We only do two things to eliminate condensation.

Open the bathroom vent about a half inch, while keeping the bathroom door ajar, and zip open, one bunk end window about a total of 4 inches on each end. We keep the unzipped portion in the upper portion (corner) of the window. Ever since we started doing this we have absolutely no condensation in the unit.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
As Marteau points out - PUGS (Pop-Up Gizmos) will help you here. Still need to vent the unit, but PUGS will go a long way to helping you out.
I'm dealing with the same issue. 50 outside and 70 in the trailer and each tent end dripping wet. May I ask what exactly is a PUGS? Where do they pop up? I also have the small bed fans that I thought about running to pull warm air into each sleeping area. Thanks everyone in advance!
HarryM
HarryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #15

Using the PUG's we have no condensation without the PUG's sometimes we will have some. The bathroom vent is always open. The folks at PUG were really great to deal with. For an overnight stop I usually don't put them on (and sometimes wish I had).
We just returned from a 10 day trip that included 6 nights at a TP in Grants NM. A couple of the nights got down to 28deg and with the extra insulation (PUG's), our down comforter and the little electric space heater (1500 Watts) we were pretty comfy. I'd set the space heater on 45 Deg when we went to bed and when the dog would wake me for her morning walk I would turn the thermostat to around 65 and about a half hour later it was pleasant in the TT. Didn't use the furnace at all.
http://www.popupgizmos.com/
After we left the weather forecast was calling for a low around 22 deg which I expect would cause some water line freezing issues.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #16

I can't for the life of me understand why so many folks go to bed and let their camper get so cold. My stat stays around 60/65 when the camper is occupied (don't bother turning the heat on during the afternoon or anything like that). Part of the reason I have a camper is to have the creature comforts of home w/ me - so I use every system to its utmost !!! I can always use my iPhone to find more propane, or if I'm on full hookups I'll let the space heater rip all night long relatively high.

That's just me though.
s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
I can't for the life of me understand why so many folks go to bed and let their camper get so cold. My stat stays around 60/65 when the camper is occupied (don't bother turning the heat on during the afternoon or anything like that). Part of the reason I have a camper is to have the creature comforts of home w/ me - so I use every system to its utmost !!! I can always use my iPhone to find more propane, or if I'm on full hookups I'll let the space heater rip all night long relatively high.

That's just me though.
I hear ya s1n, but we enjoy crawling under the comforter in cold weather. Any colder than the mid-40's inside would start to be uncomfortable but down that point we love it. To each... and all that jazz.

-SOLD- 2012 X23B
Old 10-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #18

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
Using the PUG's we have no condensation without the PUG's sometimes we will have some. The bathroom vent is always open. The folks at PUG were really great to deal with. For an overnight stop I usually don't put them on (and sometimes wish I had).
We just returned from a 10 day trip that included 6 nights at a TP in Grants NM. A couple of the nights got down to 28deg and with the extra insulation (PUG's), our down comforter and the little electric space heater (1500 Watts) we were pretty comfy. I'd set the space heater on 45 Deg when we went to bed and when the dog would wake me for her morning walk I would turn the thermostat to around 65 and about a half hour later it was pleasant in the TT. Didn't use the furnace at all.
http://www.popupgizmos.com/
After we left the weather forecast was calling for a low around 22 deg which I expect would cause some water line freezing issues.
Thanks! An insulated blanket! makes sense....gezzz...I'm thinking it's some sort of pop up thing in the trailer!! LOL...I'll give them a call. I'll need to pay attention to venting as well. It was a cold heavy rain and by day 3 the tent ends were soaked from the inside. I'll try to blow warm air into the tent ends as well.

Thanks again!
HarryM
HarryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM View Post
Thanks! An insulated blanket! makes sense....gezzz...I'm thinking it's some sort of pop up thing in the trailer!! LOL...I'll give them a call. I'll need to pay attention to venting as well. It was a cold heavy rain and by day 3 the tent ends were soaked from the inside. I'll try to blow warm air into the tent ends as well.

Thanks again!
HarryM
Harry, No probs. Just to make sure I was clear, the PUG is really like one of those "survival blankets" that you see in outdoor stores. Silver on one side and dark green on the other. I think it adds some insulation because it traps a thin layer of air between it and the tent top. In the summer the silver helps keep some of the heat out due to its reflectiveness.

-SOLD- 2012 X23B
Old 10-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #20

We had the pugs for our Hybrid both the inside and outside ones. It helped alot in both summer and colder weather but in the end, we traded for a hardsided camper for the quiet at night for when you have noisy neighbors. Even people taking quietly was to much for us to sleep. Oh well, live and learn..

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is online now   Reply With Quote