Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2019, 07:22 PM   #1

Where to put a Victron MultiPlus?

Hello all,

I have a 2018 X23B and just replaced my original battery with a new Battleborn 100 AH 12V LiFePO4 battery, which when teamed with Victron's BMV-712, performed superbly and enabled me to keep tabs on its condition at any time through my iPhone.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade the converter (the OEM one charges at ~5.8 amps max) and add a combination inverter/transfer switch like the Victron Multiplus 12/2000, but I can't figure out how I'd connect it. The converter is in the back wall of the trailer under the rear bunk, near where the 30A plug is on the rear exterior streetside wall. But I know that the inverter should be as close to the battery as possible. Has anyone done this? Where would I install it and how would I make the connections from the 30A existing converter to the MultiPlus if the MultiPlus is up front near the battery?

I'll also email inquiries to Jayco for the wiring diagram and to Victron for their ideas. Just thought I'd post here as well.

Thank you,

Chris in Las Vegas
Fourkids&abeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, inverter, victron, x23b