Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #11

Our '13 X20E is our second hybrid. Our first was an '03 Kiwi 17a (the ancestor to your 17Z) that we bought new and owned for 10 years. So, yes, we love our hybrids.

We got a pop-up because we loved tenting but wanted to get off the ground and wanted some conveniences. We bought a hybrid because wanted yet more conveniences, like a travel trailer but still wanted the tenting "feel". We'd never go back to a tent or pop-up. And we are not even thinking about anything else either. We'll have our X20E for 10+ years.

If you find that there's too much noise, you might be camping in the wrong places, or maybe a hybrid isn't for you.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by go wild View Post
Pro: the bunks - 2 queen size beds in a lightweight 18 ft camper.
Con: the bunks - No barrier to outside noises (voices, dogs, trains, cars, etc). We almost always use the A/C fan or a small portable fan to drown out the noise so kids can sleep.
Finally! The upside to working more than full time . . . we can fall asleep in the middle of a stampede. There is almost nothing that can wake us unless we want to be awakened . . . which explains the Big Guy's "mother's ears" for hearing when Homer the Beagle wants to go outside.

Beware - that noise thing works both ways. The outside world can hear everything you say or do. Sometimes, we play music for the dog as he can be distracted by the sounds of people walking past.

Either way, this is a great size unit with all sorts of goodies going for it. We are very happy with our decision and hope you feel likewise.

10K Equalizer; Teshonka P3
Dual 6V Deep Cycle Interstate Batteries
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:50 PM   #13

We looked for over a year to find just the right Hybrid that got us off the ground after about 40+ years and when we walked inside we herd the angles sing. No 2nd thoughts about this one and now just let it rain and it's OK.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #14

Like many others here, we bought our HTT because we could pull it with our Buick Enclave SUV. We were somewhat limited to about 3800# so we bought a new 2014 19H. We, however, did it on too much of whim! We have found that the bunk ends, while very comfortable, make the outside noise a problem for sleeping since we prefer to be in what turns out to be crowded RV "Resorts" with full hookups. Sure, we could go boondocking (my wife hates it!!! but we have done it twice and some noise was still there with a RV Club) and do it in the wild and obviate the noise thing; but that just is not really in the cards for my wife. If, and when, we do it again, we are beginning to consider a used Class C. Don't get me wrong, our unit is very comfortable, fully loaded and terrific when hooked up to electric and water. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get more "out there" and not be the fussy ones that we are. Oh, yes, I would not buy a new one again either. You lose 15-20% of the value when you drive it off the lost. We just got impulsive!

docmarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:10 PM   #15

All of you should go to "Pinterest" and type in "hybrid travel trailer "and enjoy all it has to offer.
That is all,
Tunce
Oh, I love this buddy sooo much!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:15 PM   #16

We bought a hybrid because we want the ability to have something with space but that was still light weight enough to pull with our Trailblazer. We had also had a pop up for a few years so the move to a hybrid seemed natural to us. The Jayco 20E fit the bill and worked great for us. We have since become seasonal campers and no longer have our hybrid.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:14 PM   #17

We love our hybrid Jayco Swift 165RB. It is perfect for my partner and myself. Tows great behind my Toy FJ, plenty of storage and the popout bed makes it feel like we are still out in nature when we are sleeping. We were on our way to sign the papers for a new RPod when we stopped by one last dealer to see a new listing they just posted. Fell in love with the TT and bought on the spot at half the cost of the RPod. Very, very happy and ready for some great Spring camping very soon.
MarKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:55 PM   #18

DW and I love camping. As time goes by we found camping on the ground was getting harder each season. Once we had kids, we continued ground camping but found our Full Size Mini-Van was packed to the rafters. I would spend hours setting up and tearing down only to move sites every 2 - 3 days as we traveled around the country for our summer vacations. Then, the VAN died so we traded in for a Kia Rondo thinking we could manage. LOL...this pic speaks for itself but we made do. There was four of us in addition to all our gear. The Site is at the Ovens Natural Park in Nova Scotia. We were looking out over the Atlantic.

And out of that packed car came this:

That's when we figured enough was enough so we purchased our first Jayco PUP. We got two seasons out of it but found it wasn't enough. The setup/teardown was still a fair bit of work for us. That's when we went Hybrid. We still have the "Outside" feeling while having a lot of the Amenities of home and we no longer have to pack so much stuff. We love it and once the kids are gone, we may hang onto it, or trade it in for something a little more suited for two people...but I suspect we'll keep at least one end Hybrid style.

Having a Hybrid also allows us to squeeze into tighter spots as well. Some Back-in sites at CG's can be tight trying to maneuver into spots..once in it's lovely to open up and gain an extra 10 Ft of space.
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #19

Picked up a used 23B last October...it's our first camper. Previously, we stuck to tents.

Initially looking at PUPs, but the price difference between PUP and HTT was surprisingly small. We liked the towability and space of the HTT. I was leaning toward the 17/19...but the wife liked the size of the fridge in the 23.
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
All of you should go to "Pinterest" and type in "hybrid travel trailer "and enjoy all it has to offer.
That is all,
Tunce
Oh, I love this buddy sooo much!
Would Buddy like a little friend? Homer (the Beagle from Hell) is available as a "loaner". BTW, Buddy is very handsome . . .

10K Equalizer; Teshonka P3
Dual 6V Deep Cycle Interstate Batteries
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote