Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-09-2015, 12:08 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryb View Post
After DH accessed the w/h to bypass it yesterday in the winterization process I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas of ways to put the door back on other than with the screws. Ours on our 23rb was held with two screws that I'm sure after several winterizations won't hold well.
I am assuming the panel you are talking about; looks like any other cabinet door in your TT. If so, look at what the other cabinet doors have for hinges, go to your favorite hardware store and buy two that are similar. You may also need a spring latch to keep the door closed.

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:30 PM   #32
Lost in the Woods

For me, personally, I would rate that issue as no big deal.

RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:46 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryb View Post
... Ours on our 23rb was held with two screws that I'm sure after several winterizations won't hold well.
If that is your only real concern, the screws shouldn't "wear out" for a couple times per year use. Just don't over-tighten and strip them out. they only need to be snug.

There is a method which almost guarantees that the existing thread in the wood or plastic is re-engaged. Place the screw into the hole. Before trying to tighten it in, turn it slowly backwards like you are removing it. You should feel a slight bump which is the threads falling into place in the old grooves. Stop and then turn the screw in to tighten it. The threads of the screw should engage and pick up the old threads. That helps to keep the holes from enlarging with each use.

FWIW. vic

VicS1950 is offline   Reply With Quote