Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-15-2014, 04:08 PM   #21

I did something similar however I added some clothing storage drawers. I got a sheet of OAK plywood and built a box with one shelve. I got a sheet of press board ( looks like peg board without the holes). Cut into sizes then assembled with some industrial strength tape. The went to the fabric store an picked out a some material I liked. Then cut out pattern and hot glued on to drawers. Then I mounted the locking cantilever mount to the box/51564. Now the wife packed the drawers in the house we carry out to the camper.

tellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncooper96 View Post
Here is what I did.
I used a 3M command hook attached to the back wall with a C clip on the TV mount to keep the TV from swinging around while towing. The mount is attached to the cabinet corner with three longs screws that need to be pre-drilled to around 3/4" of the size of the fastener. I also drilled a 1/2" hole behind the mount to run the power and audio wires for the TV. I've been on four trips with this set up now and haven't had any issues. Hope this helps someone.
Just wanted to say thank you! I just got finished doing the same thing and worked like a charm!

jay2068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellard View Post

I did something similar however I added some clothing storage drawers. I got a sheet of OAK plywood and built a box with one shelve. I got a sheet of press board ( looks like peg board without the holes). Cut into sizes then assembled with some industrial strength tape. The went to the fabric store an picked out a some material I liked. Then cut out pattern and hot glued on to drawers. Then I mounted the locking cantilever mount to the box/51564. Now the wife packed the drawers in the house we carry out to the camper.
Wow I love this idea better than the last one. I'm going to start work on this next week.

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
Wow I love this idea better than the last one. I'm going to start work on this next week.
No you don't, the other idea was way better!
Old 07-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #25

How do you secure the tv when traveling. I tried hook on the wall but it just broke off. Thanks
tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncooper96 View Post
Here is what I did.
Here are some links to the TV, mount, and cable I used to hook the TV audio up to the Jensen stereo.

I used a 3M command hook attached to the back wall with a C clip on the TV mount to keep the TV from swinging around while towing. The mount is attached to the cabinet corner with three longs screws that need to be pre-drilled to around 3/4" of the size of the fastener. I also drilled a 1/2" hole behind the mount to run the power and audio wires for the TV. I've been on four trips with this set up now and haven't had any issues. Hope this helps someone.

I'm resurrecting this post, since I'll be installing my Tv/DVD combo on Thursday evening, just in time for our trip on Friday morning. Hopefully everything goes as planned...

My 2yo son is finally starting to watch TV for a few minutes in the morning, so hopefully this will hold his attention inside the camper, until the rest of the CG wakes up!
Old 05-14-2015, 07:42 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikester View Post
I plan to mount it over that small window on the right...by running the cables over the door.
Not sure that's a good idea. My understanding is Jayco includes a wooden board in the wall to mount the arm too in the normal mounting location.

Did you contact jayco and get the plans for your unit to see if there was anything you could attach to above the window?
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
2006 Honda Ridgeline (retired TV)
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:08 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellard View Post

Do you happen to have plans or measurements for this project? Our trailer is in storage but we want to build this and install later. We actually can't get to our trailer till our vacation planned the end of the month

Charlieh is offline   Reply With Quote