Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2019, 04:42 PM   #31

I took my TT to the dealer for the recall fix. They did the test and the light stayed on. They installed the new breaker per Jayco instructions, but I do the same test and the light still stays on. I called Jayco tech support and they say the light should not stay on. Neither Jayco nor the dealer knows why. Any suggestions?

Raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:11 AM   #32

Have you had the recall fix done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toklas View Post
got the same notice. 2017 267BHSW
Have you had the recall fix done and did it work if you do the test? I have the same model TT but a 2016. I took the TT to the dealer and the test indicated I needed the recall. After the fix, I do the same test and the lights still stay on. Jayco tech support says the lights should not stay on.

Thanks

Old 08-04-2019, 12:49 PM   #33

Can you post a picture of how itís wired? I would follow the wiring and confirm the tech installed the fuse correctly.
damammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:37 PM   #34

Here you go, not a great pic. Not sure if it matters, but not there is a much smaller gauge wire spliced to a much larger gauge wire wrapped with electrical tape. Thanks for your interest.
Attached Thumbnails
Recall Wiring 1.jpg  
Old 08-09-2019, 04:22 PM   #35

Sorry I didnít get back to you sooner. After reading the instructions for the update and looking at the wiring thatís there it seems itís installed properly. The circuit breaker appears to be your protection now.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #36

You are correct. I took the TT back to the dealer and they confirmed the recall was fixed correctly based on Jaycoís instructions. The dealer also called Jayco tech support and they indicated that there were two fixes for the recall. The first fix involved the 30-amp fuse by the junction box, hence the pull the fuse and the lights go out test. The second fix was to put in a 30-amp breaker in the positive line coming from the battery, which is what they did to my TT. They also indicated that the 30-amp fuse line is a different circuit, so the lights should NOT go out when pulled. Iím going to assume it has all been fixed and go camping.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:44 AM   #37

Glad to hear it. Enjoy your camping trips. Thanks for letting us know what the dealer said.