Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2024, 06:49 PM   #1

Electric stabilizer jack goes down, but not up

I have the Lippert PSX1 jacks and the rear jacks will only go down, not up, using the BMPro Jaycommand wall control display or phone app. The jack motor is fine, I reversed the wiring to check that. The motor has 1 hot for down, 1 for up, and grounds to the frame with the mount. I checked the "up" wire for current at the motor when the up button is pushed and there was no current on my meter. Tomorrow I need to check for current at the connection on the Jaycommand control center where the wire exits, just to verify that it is not a problem with the center. I checked the BMPro control center Wago connections and they were good and tight for both hot wires. The wires coming out of the control center are brown/white stripe and a white wire. At the wire exit from the bottom rear of the trailer the wires are brown/white stripe and a red wire. So, somewhere in the bowels of the trailer, the "up" wire changes from white to red. Not likely a junction box, but I would think that there would be a thermal breaker or a fuse somewhere on both hot wires. My question is just where is that change and/or fuse or breaker? The bundle of wires from the Jaycommand center runs inside a wall to the space between the floor and trailer bottom cover and then exits at the rear, about 25 feet away. No access to the bottom without doing a lot of cutting and patching, which I would like to avoid. Anyone have a clue where to look?
Old 02-26-2024, 03:00 PM   #2

Okay, found the problem today...it is the BMPro control panel. When you use the remote, app or wall display there are relays that latch on and divert the power when an action is taken using the BMPro. I was standing in front of the control panel checking the power out of the two ports and suddenly noticed that there was no clicking of the relay when I powered the stabilizers up. That one section is totally dead. Not a good sign. I can do a workaround by adding a DPDT or SPDT switch and using the one operating hot wire, but it is an inconvenience for sure. Now I'm wondering what might go out next on the control center. The bottom 2 ports are for the rear stabilizer.