Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #1

Sealing a roof leak

I have a 2004 jayco jay flight 27bh. I have a roof leak, I think it is coming from around the roof antenna. I watched several utube videos, read info on line and I bought some dicore lap sealant calk and this morning got on a ladder and cleaned all around all the areas that may be leaking or had cracks. -the roof antenna had a big crack in some dicor that was already there. I applied the dicore on top of the dicore already there, after I cleaned the old several times and let it dry. It's looking very good.

Meanwhile, the actual rubber roof has some alligatoring (that is what I would call it). What do I do about that?? Something to worry about?

Also when people use eternabond tape on the seams, are they putting it over the rubber roof? Looking at this seam here....

pic before I started cleaning
okieinalaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #2

If you read your owners manual, it has a write up on the roof antenna, and the annual or maybe semi-annual maintenance of the roof antenna. Your leak may be from the crack you fixed or it could be from the internal maintenance that is suppose to be performed. I would read up on it if I were you. It certainly can't hurt. I never did the internal maintenance on my previous TT, and never had an issue. I did however do it last year on my 2012. Good luck. I'm not much help on the roof issues. Personally, it appears to have dried out, but I really don't know. I am sure someone will answer your questions concerning both the roof, and etherbond tape.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote