Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #1

Unhappy so this happened on the way to camp

When we arrived in camp our first night this past week we discovered the set of three drawers below the rear closet were hanging at an odd angle. Closer inspection revealed the support their rails had been attached to had 'torn' from the interior of the cabinetry during our trip along a really rough section of I-40.

Not sure how to remove the drawers from the rails (youtube is my next stop after I post this) so I can access the compartment and figure a way to effect repairs. And because someone will ask, the top draw was empty, #2 had some bar towels, and #3 at the bottom had a set of pickleball rackets. Left the gold ingots at home this time... so I don't think they were overweighted.

From the photos I took this morning, it looks like this was simply glued onto the underside of the closet floor and our AZ heat and roads may have taken their toll on it's holding ability. Seems like a really cheap (not to mention disappointing) way to build something. I'm thinking U-bracket on either side to the underside of the closet floor but not sure I want hardware coming thru.

Anyone else experience this or have suggestions on how to repair/reinforce this?

Thanks in Advance
Dee

(ps: how do I keep my attached photos from rotating?)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-5361.jpg   IMG-5360.jpg   IMG-5359.jpg  
Old 06-27-2020, 01:21 PM   #2

Pull the drawers out and there are little black clips on each track. You push one side down and the other one goes up to release the stop.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:40 AM   #3

First of all I had to search google for pickleball rackets!Never heard of them.

Thats gonna be tough trying to reach into the back with the front cross braces.

Are all the slides attached to the back vertical piece?
Old 06-28-2020, 07:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by azreddot View Post
(ps: how do I keep my attached photos from rotating?)
That's a malfunction of the phone, I'm guessing either an iPhone or Samsung. iPhones have been wrong since the original iPhone, not sure why they haven't fixed it. Since Samsung seems to have "borrowed" a lot of Apple tech, their phones are wrong too. Most web sites like Facebook and other photo sharing sites usually correct the issue by removing the photo's metadata and re-encoding it correctly.

You can avoid this by not taking Portrait photos if you plan to upload them here or use a photo editing software to re-encode the metadata correctly.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:31 AM   #5

On my pictures I go Into my gallery edit the picture to make it slightly smaller and save it. When I upload the edited photo it always stays the correct way. I use a galaxy s9 plus.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:39 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by azreddot View Post

Anyone else experience this or have suggestions on how to repair/reinforce this?
My suggestion is to get that upright wood support in the rear mounted to the rear wall. All the weight of the drawer slides was pulling on that top cross member, that pulled down from the top. Since the weight falls with gravity, try to get some wood blocking between that back upright panel and the rear wall, then screw that rear upright to it. This will support all three drawers.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#diyrepairs, #saggydrawers