Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2020, 12:31 PM   #1

winterizing

hi folks,

we have a sanicon pump system on our gray and black tanks, and I'd like to winterize our rv, did someone have similar pump system and how did you proceed to winterize, because there some liquid that stay inside the pump I believe , some people or rv thec. told me to drop some antifreeze by the kitchen sink or the shower than open the grey tank valve and start the sanicon pump until I see some antifreeze coming out. any other idea, will be appreciated .

pierre , christine

2018 jayco ht eagle 30.5 mlok
chevrolet Silverado 3500 gas dually wheel 2011
pc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc35 View Post
hi folks,

we have a sanicon pump system on our gray and black tanks, and I'd like to winterize our rv, did someone have similar pump system and how did you proceed to winterize, because there some liquid that stay inside the pump I believe , some people or rv thec. told me to drop some antifreeze by the kitchen sink or the shower than open the grey tank valve and start the sanicon pump until I see some antifreeze coming out. any other idea, will be appreciated .

pierre , christine
Last year I poured a gallon of antifreeze down the toilet and ran the Sanicon. Then I poured some down the shower and ran the Sanicon. Also opened the gravity valve where the stinky slinky goes and saw pink so I knew I was good.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:44 PM   #3

My sanicon is right at the end wye pipe where the sewer hose gets connected. I can open the end valve gate and the valve gate to the sanicon and run a small section of hose up the sewer line to the wye and get it to point toward the sanicon. Pour some pink pop thru the hose and turn it on until it comes out pink on the other end.
Old 10-08-2020, 06:05 PM   #4

sanicon winterize

thanks to all for your help , I will try the single way like it written on the door , so I will pour antifreeze in the toilet ,and the shower drain, and start the pump until I saw the pink liquid coming out.

again thanks to all for your help

2018 jayco ht eagle 30.5 mlok
chevrolet Silverado 3500 gas dually wheel 2011
pc35 is offline   Reply With Quote