Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #1

15 Seneca keyless entry

I read the instructions, set the new combo and sometimes it works and mostly not. Anybody else have issues?

Old 08-25-2015, 08:31 PM   #2

Ours in a royal pain. using the same button for two different numbers one on each side We think is the problem. Sometimes not matter how hard you try to get the numbers in there right it picks up the wrong number and will not open. We just don't use it. Key only. Have heard where some locked themselves out using the key less entry and had the not had a key his would not have gotten without help.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:52 PM   #3

Had some issues with mine when I bought the coach. I replaced the entire lock. I have found you can't get in a big hurry when punching the key pad. My wife is more patient than I am, so she never has any problems with it. I have hidden a door key just in case we do have trouble with the lock.
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:55 PM   #4

Problems with ours too. Usually can't get the lock to light up so we can enter code. Then when we do get to enter the code doesn't lock/unlock. Didn't think there was a left and right to the keys, just one key for both numbers reducing possible codes. I think (but could be wrong) that code 1-1-1-1 is the same as 2-2-2-2 is the same as 1-2-1-2 you get the idea. Will have to do some research - no manual provided by Jayco.

2015 Jayco Seneca 36 FK
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited tow
2010 Tiffin RED 36 QSA - gone
2011 Monaco Monarch class A - gone
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:10 PM   #5

I don't have a Seneca but it could be the same keyless entry. I put my finger in the first digit and wait for a second until the keypad wakes up and accepts the digit. When I enter the rest of the digits it works pretty much every time.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:55 PM   #6

2JayBirds, just read the Bauer "manual" and my prior post is correct - a 1 and 2 are the same key.

2015 Jayco Seneca 36 FK
Old 08-28-2015, 09:21 AM   #7

Yes and every code we came up with that my husband could easily remember used at least two of number pads twice because of shared numbers. No matter what we try it hardly ever opens right. So we just use the key and keep one hid on the outside just in case.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:03 AM   #8

Uh-oh, I am trying to get my local dealer and Jayco to install this "new-style" Bauer lock on my 2014 to replace the separate Dexter keypad and Bauer latch. I have had continuous problems with the old-style keypad and latch, I am on my 4th keypad (it is non-functional now too!) and second latch/actuator assembly. Jayco Service and dealer are scratching their collective heads on my unit I guess. But it looks like the new battery-equipped version isn't doing so great either!

We all paid for a system that should work reliably. Yes, you can just use your key. But if someone had a new car where the remotes didn't work reliably, would everyone just want to use the key every time to get in? Not me. I carry the same logic forward to the unit I paid many more times a car's price and I want it to work as advertised!
Robbbyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 05:53 PM   #9

Seneca Remote Entry

Bought a used 2014 36FK and the dealer did the recall thing on the keyless entry before delivery. Less than two weeks later and 1500 miles from home I got locked out. I called Jayco and told them the story. Being away from my selling dealer I wanted to wait until returned home and they agreed and opened a repair ticket. After I returned home my dealer called Jayco and the result is going to be a new door and locking system.
richard66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:28 PM   #10

If the replacement is the Bauer EM then don't hold your breath and carry your keys at all times. Mine fails to work most of the time. What particularly bothers me is that when you pull on the locked door it opens a bit to where the latch pins are slightly exposed. Does everyone have this same experience?
Dealer saying they can't fix that.

2015 Jayco Seneca 36 FK