Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-19-2019, 12:56 PM   #1

2010 Seneca 35GS

We are considering upgrading from a Laredo 294RK TT to a super c motor home 2010 Seneca 35GS. We were wondering if this is a good coach and if there is anything we should look out for when we check it out before purchasing. How is the handling? I've had many Chevys including a Silverado diesel and have had good luck with them. Also being a former body builder and power lifter I am very broad chested and wonder if I would have problems in the radius shower. My TT has a nice large rectangular shower. How long do most people keep their super c coaches? I don't want to have to trade up in 3-5 years after purchasing this one. Sorry if this newbie is asking too many questions. Thanks in advance for any help and insight.
Paulie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:06 PM   #2

We had an '08 35GS and recently sold it to downsize. The shower was certainly much bigger than we have now and the floor plan with the separate toilet room was always a favorite.

Any handling issues can be resolved with the many available add-ons for the Kodiak chassis such as additional sway bar, trac bars, Koni shocks, Safe-T-Plus, and Sumo Springs. Ours handled like a large SUV when all was said and done.

You may want to also join, read, and post any questions you here here;

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/g...on+owners.html

P.S. The current Presidential limo "The Beast" is built on a Kodiak chassis, and the Duramax and Allison combination is "bullet-proof"

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/04/17/...al-limousines/
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie G View Post
We are considering upgrading from a Laredo 294RK TT to a super c motor home 2010 Seneca 35GS. We were wondering if this is a good coach and if there is anything we should look out for when we check it out before purchasing. How is the handling? I've had many Chevys including a Silverado diesel and have had good luck with them. Also being a former body builder and power lifter I am very broad chested and wonder if I would have problems in the radius shower. My TT has a nice large rectangular shower. How long do most people keep their super c coaches? I don't want to have to trade up in 3-5 years after purchasing this one. Sorry if this newbie is asking too many questions. Thanks in advance for any help and insight.
Just like WinnieView we had an 08 35GS and if we hadn't started to full time we probably would still be driving it. Great coach, great engine, great chassis. Can be maintained very similar to a pick-up with the DURAMAX. We had our's for 6 yrs, 50,000 miles and the only "major repair" was a radiator leak. There are still some Chev/GMC dealers who will work on the Medium-Duty chassis, as will most shops who work on the 5500/6500 dump and box trucks. I belong to another group where many have the 5500 KODIAK and it is a well liked unit and some still have them starting with 06.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:31 AM   #4

What did you go to when you started being a full time RVer?
Old 03-20-2019, 06:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie g View Post
what did you go to when you started being a full time rver?
Pinnacle, 38 FLSA
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:43 AM   #6

Could I have the name of the group you belong to that have Senecas with the kodiak chasis?
Old 03-21-2019, 01:45 PM   #7

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SuperCrvgroup/info
Old 04-11-2019, 08:29 PM   #8

Do you know the dimensions of the shower? I cannot find any information on the size.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:07 AM   #9

Does the seneca need any additions to it for sway control and steering?
Old 04-19-2020, 06:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie G View Post
Does the seneca need any additions to it for sway control and steering?
Only thing I did was swap the shocks. I bought KONI's, pricey, but they give you great handling and ride. Also adjust tire pressure based on the Michelin chart after you have it loaded and weighed. I ran 85 front and 90 rear and it made a tremendous difference.