Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2019, 08:41 AM   #1

2014 jayco melbourne 29d water pump

hey y'all thanks for the ad to the group. i am the 2nd owner of a 2014 jayco melbourne 29d full timing with my travel nurse wife for a year now. i have seen the question asked in forums but yet to see an answer. when hooked up to city water with the switches in the proper place 2 and 6 and the pump switches off, is it normal for a pump to be running when using the water? i have always assumed that it runs because of the tankless water heater. could you get back to me with an answer please, thanks in advance.
ekimsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:48 AM   #2
Site Team

WELCOME TO JOF!!!

The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

I can not answer your question, but I am sure the other members will help you out.

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:55 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum.

Your water pump issue sounds odd. Hopefully another Melbourne owner can shed some light on it.

Is there any chance of contacting the previous owner to see if they know?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:13 AM   #4

If you have the levers in the right position in the water compartment the pump is not needed when "City Fixtures" or whatever yours are labeled as. Water pressure from the "city" supply delivers water to the fixtures and water heater. Mine has a pump switch in the water compartment outside and on the tank level panel inside. Are both switches off. I don't know if this is like a 3 way switch but I would start there. If both are off I am not sure how your pump is getting power unless you have a faulty switch.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 04:21 PM   #5

Another Melbourne owner had posted the question in this forum but it did not get answered that's why I decided to post it on my own. I think it's odd as well but in the meantime there's not much I can do about it as we are full timing in the middle of Florida at the moment. Sent the question to Jayco website still waiting on a reply. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #6

Thanks a lot Don, I appreciate it.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:49 PM   #7

As pfflyer mentioned there are two switches, one on control panel and one in water compartment. Yes, they are wired like a three way switch so hopefully they don't say on/off on the switch.
From what I have experienced, Jayco is sub-par quality workmanship, I wouldn't doubt it is wired incorrectly.
Imazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:45 AM   #8

I'll have to pull the switches out then and take a look, thanks. Appears to me not much quality control going on in the entire industry.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekimsburg View Post
I'll have to pull the switches out then and take a look, thanks. Appears to me not much quality control going on in the entire industry.
If you aren't the original owner and it is like a 3 way switch, maybe the switch was replaced before you got it with a regular on/off switch.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote