Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2017, 03:35 PM   #1

2017 Greyhawk 31fs couch cushion upgrade

If you would like more firm cushions for the dinette and couch, here are a few tips and pics to help along the way. It is easy to remove the couch cushions in one assembly simply by unbolting 8 nuts. You don't need to detach the frame or remove the couch from the coach. If you lift up the bottom of the couch, you will see two self locking nuts on both sides of the metal frame, Remove those nuts. The next step you have to do blind by feel. There are also 2 nuts on each side of the backrest, but they are closer together and lower down on the back of the backrest. Get a shorty ratchet and a socket, and with the couch in it's normal position, reach down the back each side, feel for the nuts, and undo the two on both sides. Next, flatten the couch to sleep position and the whole cushion assembly lifts right off.
I took both the dinette cushions and the couch cushions over to an automotive upholstery pro in my area. He is considered the best in our town and also happens to be an RV'er. His feeling about the stock cushions is they we're selected for not just less expense, but also to save weight. If anybody is interested in doing this themselves, the foam density he recommends is 35-250, which is not too hard, nor too soft, but of course more expensive. My wife said get me comfortable or trade it. She has a really bad back, so I think this will do the trick(I hope). Oh, that brown box covers an electrical junction box of some sort.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0129.jpg   IMG_0130.jpg   IMG_0132.jpg   IMG_0134.jpg  
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote