Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2020, 03:58 PM   #1

2017 Greyhawk MV29

Looking at upgrading from a travel trailer to a motorhome (retired in our 70's). Have my sights on a 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 29 MV (low mileage and one owner). Have looked at a few of them and before I move from travel trailer (2020, 27' RLS, Jayco Jayfeather) to motorhome I would appreciate any opinions, advice, pros, cons, etc. Thanks, Gerry!!
ogione1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:41 PM   #2
CAG

Pretty broad topic.

Basically we have been pretty happy with the MVP. We bought it "slightly" used so many of the problems had been fixed but the previous owner failed to watch some areas and that added a little to start up costs. The floor plan that we were looking for had the long kitchen counter. My wife wanted counter space. This one has it. The only change I made was a topper for the mattress. The bed mattress leaves something to be desired.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:26 PM   #3

We have a 2017 Greyhawk 29W which we bought new and really like. Did have a number of minor problems that I was able to fix myself. Hopefully your previous owner worked out the old kinks.

From what I have read on this forum, Jayco started to cheapen things in 2018. Apparently the counter tops and back splashes are much cheaper in construction. Maybe other things as well.

I would say a 2017 would probably be a good buy if it is in good shape. Make sure to test all items such as generator, AC, slides, inverter, etc.

Lastly, there is a current recall for the leveler mounting bracket. You may want to ask if they have done anything to strengthen the mount bracket. Not a major deal breaker. You just don't want the surprise of the pump falling off while driving. There are multiple posts in this forum regarding this recall.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:41 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply and the suggestions. Really helps!!
ogione1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:59 AM   #5

I have a 2017 29MV we bought new back in Oct 2016. We have over 40k miles on ours and very minor issues that I have fixed myself. The only issue we had that had to be brought in to be fixed was the leveler bracket broke and had to be rewelded. This is a current recall now on these models. I would make sure that has been done on the one you are looking at.

We love ours and highly recommend if you found one that has been taken care of.

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:01 AM   #6

I own a 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME. The only real problem I had was the Girard Tankless hot water heater system. It did not function properly from the start. The hot water would come out scalding hot initially and then turn ice cold. I got Jayco to replace it with the Truma AquaGo system under warranty after telling them my granddaughter came out screaming from the scalding shower. Jayco staring installing the Truma system in 2018 and dropped the Girard. I would check this out as there were many complaints online.
Zaneyk is offline   Reply With Quote