Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-15-2017, 04:54 AM   #81

Melbourne 24k Slide awnings

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersrc2 View Post
Hey, Wheels Rolling
Thanks for posting pics of your topper awnings.
I notice that the brackets are partially on the fascia, and partially beneath the facia trim.
Would you please respond with:
1) Are they Carefree, Dometic, Solara, or??
2) Who did the installation
3)Did the installer use a "spacer" beneath the portion of the bracket extending below the facia trim? i.e. spacer of same thickness as facia trim?
4) Do all of the Bracket Screws extend into the solid framework of the slide's outer wall?

I have an appointment to take ours in to have toppers installed Monday and would like to discuss "details" with the installer. Your brackets appear to be mounted a bit lower than Pamanc's (another Slide Awnings posting)
1.) Dometic slide awnings on 2016 Melbourne 24k: 2.) Purchased and installed Camping World in MN approx $965 total cost. 3.) Spacer: Not positive, but we don't think so. 4.) Yes.

In response to other inquiries: A) No issues with camera view from our rear slide. B) Side slide awning question: They carefully removed a section of white aluminum piece referred to as a rain gutter for the side slide awning to be installed. Since the slide awning is attached there that gutter piece is no longer needed.

I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1518.JPG   IMG_1514.JPG  
Wheels Rolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:30 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnbgould View Post
Hmmm...now I need to go look at my closet door!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only 2 hinges on my closet door...interesting. I'll be adding one in the center of the door

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
campaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:57 AM   #83

Question for Melbourne 24K owners: The drain plug in our bedroom-area sink either goes down to plug the drain or we have to remove the plug altogether for water to flow through the drain - there is no stop. Is yours this way, or do we have a bad drain plug? We meant to ask when we took it in for minor warranty work and forgot; so before we take it back, we'd like to know if others have the same "flaw".
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:56 PM   #84

Afraid so, KOKO.
Cheap plastic sink and basic stopper ------ in to retain; remove to discharge water.
Jayco could have opted for a nicer, ceramic sink and better "fittings".

Rudy & Claire Peters
petersrc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:39 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko View Post
Question for Melbourne 24K owners: The drain plug in our bedroom-area sink either goes down to plug the drain or we have to remove the plug altogether for water to flow through the drain - there is no stop. Is yours this way, or do we have a bad drain plug? We meant to ask when we took it in for minor warranty work and forgot; so before we take it back, we'd like to know if others have the same "flaw".

Same. Annoying as hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
campaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:11 PM   #86

Same here. Also annoying.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:13 PM   #87

Bathroom sink drain

Same annoying problem too.
Wheels Rolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:02 PM   #88

Stopper is real cheap-bonus must go to whoever found the cheapest sink.
At least its easy to change the shower head!
BullDozerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:26 PM   #89

Thanks for the quick responses. If anyone comes up with a solution, please advise. On a very positive note, we're sitting in Santa Fe in our motorhome gazing out at 6 inches of falling snow. We are warm and dry. We have to leave tomorrow for home. Thank goodness the weather is supposed to improve significantly. We're almost at the one-year mark and 10,000 miles on this rv, and we're very pleased. In two weeks we leave for Port Angeles, WA and Victoria. Life is good!
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:07 AM   #90

These are what I purchased for the small sink without a usable stopper. They haven't rusted in 6 weeks of daily use. You do have to rinse each day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
pamanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:08 AM   #91

I am looking for an upgraded sink if anyone finds one. Hate the plastic, hard to keep clean looking

Old 07-16-2017, 10:30 AM   #92

We replaced the Dream Dinette with Thomas Payne recliners from Lippert
Such a great improvement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamanc View Post

Such a great improvement

Now we are talking! I think the "dream dinette" isn't as dreamy as it could be. Do they fully recline? Looks like they are next to the window, maybe they slide when opening? Also, do they bring them in piece by piece and assemble inside? Just trying to see if this something I can do or is it best left to a distributor? Thanks

2016 Melbourne 24K
2014 Flight Swift SLX 184BH (sold)

PHOTO ALBUMS:
2016 Melbourne 24K Mods, Tips, Info
Ortak's 2017 Melbourne 24K mods
KST-184BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #94

They almost recline flat. Guess you call them wall huggers. I think you could do it yourself.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:35 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamanc View Post

Such a great improvement

That turned out great!
We went with the Rec-pro recliners without the console and added the end table. Looking forward to trying it out.
Happy trails to you!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0991.jpg   IMG_0993.jpg  
Old crow / Cute chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:37 PM   #96

Very cozy!

Old 07-25-2017, 10:34 PM   #97

After seeing the last post I almost had instant buyers remorse. I just purchased the Recpro recliner/console combo in Chestnut. I assume that yours is the putty which looks better than I thought it would. The end table also seems like a great idea as well. However it hit me that the console can be removed and the two recliners joined together (I think) in case this route is taken. It sure would make a nice place to install the now wasted USB wall plug that was mounted inside the dinette bench. Hopefully the chestnut will work. My original thought was Espresso but the material just seems too glossy. Neat how Recpro sends you free color swatches to help with the decision. Guess I will know soon enough if the choice was right, for me anyway.

Oh yeah, they were having a 10% off sale, code was on their Facebook page. With free shipping, not a bad deal.

2016 Melbourne 24K

PHOTO ALBUMS:
Old 07-26-2017, 06:44 AM   #98

Yes, it is the putty color and we like how it looks. The two half chairs do join together at the base. I installed the electric outlet on the wall with a surface mount box and wiring conduit. It sits behind the lamp in the picture.
Hope your choice turns out great and you have fun with the install! Everything fits nicely, in my configuration, I figured I added 38 lbs of weight from OEM design. Lounge chairs 166#, table 48#.....OEM removed materials...176# approx?
Old crow / Cute chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:11 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old crow / Cute chick View Post
Yes, it is the putty color and we like how it looks. The two half chairs do join together at the base. I installed the electric outlet on the wall with a surface mount box and wiring conduit. It sits behind the lamp in the picture.
Hope your choice turns out great and you have fun with the install! Everything fits nicely, in my configuration, I figured I added 38 lbs of weight from OEM design. Lounge chairs 166#, table 48#.....OEM removed materials...176# approx?
Thanks! I just hate after dropping a huge chunk of change buying the rig, already needing to rip things apart. Guess it's all in the name of comfort. I am just wondering about the 5-6" step up getting into the chair. Suppose it will be no worse than climbing up into the bench. Did you bolt it to the floor? If so, did you have to use the seat-belt bolt holes? The wife wants to somehow at least keep one seat belt (for the nephew) but I doubt if this will be a possibility. I don't know about the weight. Other than the table, seems like the benches were light as could be with the questionable build. (I know, Jayco wanted to keep the weight down and all).

2016 Melbourne 24K

PHOTO ALBUMS:
Old 07-28-2017, 03:57 PM   #100

Slide Jumping

We bought our Melbourne 24L from Camping World and are having difficulty getting it back in for warranty work. Our slide moves up and down a couple inches on the backside when extending as if it is going over something. I've had previous vehicles with slides and they did not do this. The slide moves in and out fine, but I am wondering if this is something other Melbourne 24Ls do or if I have a serious problem.
Rscudder is offline   Reply With Quote