Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2018, 07:16 AM   #1

2018.5 Seneca 37rb refrigerator issues

The refrigerator in our new Seneca will not get cold. I think it is an issue with ventalation since under the top vent cover there was a board covering 3/4 of the area. I cut that out but it still seems quite hot up there. Anybody have issues with their unit or ideas on a fix. Both fans are running. Thanks
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:41 AM   #2

Does the freezer get cold? Have you tried both lp and shore power? Are you parked fairly level?
Old 06-02-2018, 09:13 AM   #3

2018.5 Seneca 37rb refrigerator issues

What setting do you have the refer on? Is it empty or stocked with cold items. These can take quite awhile to cool down if empty and or you stock them with room temperature food/beer. By fans are these auxiliary fans next to coils in the frig?

When starting up from a warm refrigerator I stock the freezer with a couple blocks of ice in water or milk jugs. Then stock the lower part with cold non perishables such as water,soda and of course beer. Also installed fans on coiling fins. After 12 hours or so check to be sure it is running correctly and then stock the other items.

As Grumpy mentioned these lp refrigerator units don’t like to be parked out of level for long period of time. Driving is okay as it moves the refrigerant around.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #4

The RV is level. The thermister is disconnected and the temp setting is 9. The refig and freezer are both empty. The fans I referred to are the fans below the condenser coil behind the refrigerator. There are no fans inside the freezer or refrigerator.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #5

Why is the thermister disconnected? If you mean unplugged that's why it's not working.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:38 AM   #6

For additional information there is a site called the “thenorcoldguy.com”.
Has a lot of good information related the units including troubleshooting.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #7

My understanding is the thermister will shut the unit off if the temp does not go below 50 degrees in two hours. Since it was not doing that I unplugged it so that the unit would cycle on time and not temp. I just put all the ice packs in the house into the freezer and refrigerator to see if that helps.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
My understanding is the thermister will shut the unit off if the temp does not go below 50 degrees in two hours.
Never heard that before, especially since it normally takes about 24 hrs for the fridge to reach 38/40 degrees.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:16 AM   #9

Just reread the manual. The thermister monitors temp when the refrigerator is above 50 degrees. If it does not sense a decline of 1 degree in two hours it shuts off, restarts after 10 minutes takes 4 readings over 40 minutes and if no change shuts off and gives a no co error. That is how this all started the no co error was flashing on the front of the refrigerator panel. Should have said so from the start. Sorry.