Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2020, 12:19 PM   #1

2018 redhawk 25r

I own one of these jayco junk motorhomes 12000 miles and three ruined vacations spend most of my time fixing it last trip 5000 mi three dealer stops for repairs just keep dumping money into it,dealers dont even want to deal with the products, and management dont care
dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
I own one of these jayco junk motorhomes 12000 miles and three ruined vacations spend most of my time fixing it last trip 5000 mi three dealer stops for repairs just keep dumping money into it,dealers dont even want to deal with the products, and management dont care
Did you buy it new or used?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:14 PM   #3

2018 redhawk 25r

New it had 400 mi on it when we picked it up 180 mi taking it to have the hyd leveling system put on it
Old 07-07-2020, 09:11 PM   #4

In my opinion one has to be very handy at fixing these things themselves. I bought new with an extended warranty but never took it back to the dealer because I didn't want it sitting there waiting for months to be fixed. I probably had a list of 25 things that needed to be addressed.

I have personally had to repair a bunch of items but it was worth it to me to do the repairs myself. It may have cost me a few bucks but at least I wasn't without my rig. I also gained a lot of knowledge about how this thing was put together.

You can Google many problems and find fixes that you may be able to perform. Speaking from experience you will get a satisfaction after completing a repair yourself. Of course during the repair you may be uttering a few choice words.

If I have a major failure such as a slide or AC I will be forced to take it to the dealer, probably.

What kind of problems have you been having? I realize that each problem is frustrating but may end up being a simple fix.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:54 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
In my opinion one has to be very handy at fixing these things themselves. I bought new with an extended warranty but never took it back to the dealer because I didn't want it sitting there waiting for months to be fixed.
That's exactly how I approached it, but I DIDN'T buy the extended warranty... I was the extended warranty and the current warranty, too. I could see how badly these were built, so I just assumed there would be plenty to keep me busy, even with a brand new rig... and, it came true... Having that mindset reduces a lot of stress, knowing I won't have to deal with the dealer B.S.

If someone goes in, expecting to have a bunch of issues, consider it normal. If they don't have many issues, that's like hitting the lottery.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:00 AM   #6

thank you for your responce on my jayco,junk i am a toolmaker retired and have been doing the repairs myself , and getting tired of working on it, i have a list of things from major shorts to ceiling falling down, this time its the fridge we did a 5000 mi trip the fridge quit three times ,1 they said it was the controler replaced it , 1000 mi down the road 2- they said it was installed wrong made adjustments, 3 got back on the road next morning dead again, it seams to quit when driving if you feel the back coils hot at botton cool at top , after it sits they start it up again it gets cold till you drive it .I made to the top of the food chain at jayco ceo trying to get them to do something ( buy this thing back) - seats have been replaced, half the out side has been repainted,suspention has been repaired, found out jayco does not wheelaline there rvs it was pulling to the right ford said that would cost 500.00+ to fix, hot water replaced,
Old 07-08-2020, 09:11 AM   #7

Mist states have a lemon law...look into it
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote