Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2019, 11:42 PM   #1

2019 Greyhawk 29mv converter

Hello everyone!
Does anyone happen to know what model converter is in the Greyhawk 29mv?
Manual states PD9100/9200. Also, and I am dumber than a bag of rocks when it comes to electrical....I want to add two 6 volt AGM batteries to the coach. I would truly like to get away from having to remember to check water levels. Will the current converter handle two 6 volt 225 amp hour batteries? Here are specs for batteries I am considering at this time: https://www.vmaxtanks.com/V6-225-6Vo...ery-_p_48.html
If the charging voltage for the 6volt is 7.2 to 7.35 and two batteries will be connected in series does this mean the charging voltage for two batteries will be 14.4 to 14.7 volts? If so the boost mode of the converter I think is in the coach is 14.4 volts....Would this be sufficient to do the job?
Thanks in advance folks...bought unit 3 weeks ago, between work, and trying to get things ready to take off, and reading reading reading I haven't even used it yet...SO if y'all can help me with this it will be one more thing I can take care of and cross of my list of "do before you head out" list.
Thanks again,
Be Safe
dave
DaveE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:04 AM   #2

The model number of the converter is inside the front cover. In my 2016 Greyhawk 29MV the converter is a PD4060K. I looked up the charge profile for this converter and emailed it to the AGM battery manufacturer for comment. They came back and said that it was acceptable.
I just finished installing two 6 volt Lifeline 300Ah AGM batteries, replacing the single flooded 12 volt Group 27.

I've found the Jayco owners manual less than helpful, and even wrong in some areas.

Where are you installing your batteries?
2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:38 AM   #3

In the early stages of planning this out, but I had planned on putting batteries in the compartment under the entry stair where the current battery is. I see the Lifeline batteries will weigh 180 lbs for two...where did you put your batteries??
DaveE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
In the early stages of planning this out, but I had planned on putting batteries in the compartment under the entry stair where the current battery is. I see the Lifeline batteries will weigh 180 lbs for two...where did you put your batteries??
In the compartment next to where the single battery was, so the existing cables would reach. I reinforced the floor of the compartment.
2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:00 PM   #5

Battery question. We have a 2019 Jayco 29 MV and would love to switch out the batteries. Ours are located in the entrance step. This area does not look deep enough for 6v batteries?? Can you tell me what manufactures batteries you choose, and if you had to make any modifications to the area.
Many thanks
Jim
Patchesrv is offline   Reply With Quote