Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2022, 09:58 AM   #1

2019 Greyhawk shower check valve

Hi all
We have 2019 Greyhawk and still have pressure issues with hot water in shower. Purchased the Oxygenics but improvement is 5%. Our kitchen/bathroom sinks have lots of hot water pressure but shower is a trickle even with Oxygenics. Someone mentioned shower has a check valve. Where might I find this and what should we look for or any other suggestions.
Thanks everyone
Sunshine67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 01:45 PM   #2

Additional question. Found YouTube video showing removal of white ring where shower hose attaches and a rubber black washer with cap on it to prevent back flow. Not wanting to screw anything up how do you remover back washer without damaging
Old 06-18-2022, 05:41 PM   #3

I dont have any solutions here, just questions and best of my knowledge info.

I dont know of any check valve in the indoor shower plumbing, unless its something internal within the shower faucet.

Understand RV showers are inherently lower pressure/flow, as compared with a home shower. The system is designed for 45-50 lbs pressure.

Is this shower pressure/flow generally low, or Is the pressure noticeably different between the hot and cold side? If you just run cold, is pressure/flow satisfactory? Then just run hot side, is that the very low pressure/flow you are talking about?

From your post, you describe the hot side (only) in particular has unacceptable flow. If its just this shower, and just the hot side (not cold); I would guess a plumbing problem either within the shower faucet or hot line leading to the faucet.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 06:15 PM   #4

The cold has lots of pressure the hot trickles out but is very hot. There is a rubber flapper gasket we think for back flow inside the faucet. We think that if cold has pressure this gasket should not affect the hot. When new we had lots of pressure just gotten worse this year
Old 06-18-2022, 06:47 PM   #5

OK, everything worked well before, good. Probably not a plumbing problem

The flapper gasket you speak of is beyond by understanding, dont know.

It sounds like the shower faucet itself needs replacing. Or atleast pull out the hot side internal valve and see if there is any material blocking flow.

Hopefully someone else will respond with knowledge of this particular problem.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote