Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2021, 06:58 PM   #1

2021 Redhawk 29XK Noises in overbed bunk area

Hi all,

We just bought our Redhawk last month and are very pleased so far. We took it on a "test camp" for a few days last week. All was well...except....

One of us rode "shotgun" in the passenger areas checking for sources of any sounds in the cupboards, etc....the only sound we have while driving is a banging metallic sound in the overbed bunk area which gets worse with bumpy road and pretty much disappears on smooth road. We see a bar in the overhead area which has a netting for belongings, etc. There is also a joint there.

The sound can be very distracting and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this, what it was or may be and any suggestions. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I appreciate this forum and have learned a lot so far!

Have a great day!
Rebel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:48 AM   #2

We had the same issue in our 2019 29xk. What I did was took the over head lights down and took strips or home insulation and pushed it in and packed the front over head on both sides. Some people have used spray foam. we don't have that rattle in the over head anymore. The insulation helps with keeping the cab cooler. There is foam material in the over head that not glued down very well. Hope this helps
MB56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:19 AM   #3

Some of us with 24b models experienced this in the beginning. I used a endoscopic camera to take a look. I believe the best solution is spray foam to get directly between the framing and the bunk ceiling. Drill small holes from the inside and spray for a few seconds. It expands and locks everything together permanently. When done just break off the excess that comes back through the hole and believe it or not you have to really look for it to see what you have done. The color is close enough. Fixing from the topside may work but may not get under the cab ceiling where the banging occurs.