Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-06-2022, 01:45 PM   #1

2022 entry door lock

Been a long time lurker and have gleaned quite a lot of information from this forum. That being said, I now have a issue that I cannot seem to solve.... entryway door latch. I cannot for the life of me, find a replacement. Not only installed on class C like mine but, also I've seen the same style on Alante Class A as well.

Dealer is of no help and I have yet to find this style online. So, I am appealing to the vast knowledge of the forum to point me in the right direction.

I will try to post a few pictures
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20220204_155118694.jpg   IMG_20220204_155111049.jpg   IMG_20220204_155058469.jpg  
Erd04056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 02:45 PM   #2

If you remove the lock assembly the name should be on the inside.
Old 03-06-2022, 02:52 PM   #3
Site Team

It's probably a brand new style/model for 2022, but the manufacturer's name should be on your key, like Bauer, Wesco, FIC, or Global Link to name some. Either way I would like to think it's under warranty.

(Edit: I type slower than Grumpy...)

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 03:42 PM   #4

What is wrong with it? I have the same one and was going to replace it with a keyless but couldn't find one that fit. Definitely under warranty if it has broken already.
HB Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 03:58 PM   #5

I have a 2021 Redhawk with the same door latch. It's very difficult to have it latch fully. It's usually ajar.

What I discovered was that if I lower the stud on the doorframe that the latch clasps onto, it seems to lock it in place better and I won't have to slam it as hard. I am waiting for the aftermarket RV lock manufacturers to come up the the keyless one so I can change this one out.
jyh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 04:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyh818 View Post
I have a 2021 Redhawk with the same door latch. It's very difficult to have it latch fully. It's usually ajar.

What I discovered was that if I lower the stud on the doorframe that the latch clasps onto, it seems to lock it in place better and I won't have to slam it as hard. I am waiting for the aftermarket RV lock manufacturers to come up the the keyless one so I can change this one out.
I had to adjust mine so the handle would pull easier to open the door. Now I have to push in on the door a little when locking the dead bolt to get it to engage. Not really that big of a deal but if I have any major warranty issues I'll add that to the list.
HB Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 04:23 PM   #7

The problem is, the key for the deadbolt will not go all the way in. Otherwise, I could remove the locking mechanism and replace it. I have taken it apart and other than a "G" stamped into the plastic on the outside....which would suggest Global. Nothing on their site that matches.
"www.rvlocksandmore" is stamped on the inside. Again, I looked through that site and came up empty as well.
Luckily, this was on my class C and not an Alante Class A. I was able to get out the driver's side door and get the tools to disassemble the lock and gain access to the inside. But, without the deadbolt, the door rattles like a coffee can full of rocks.

Also worth noting, the latch part of the lock is like a old style cardoor latch...with a strike post instead of a strike plate.
Old 03-06-2022, 04:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erd04056 View Post
Been a long time lurker and have gleaned quite a lot of information from this forum. That being said, I now have a issue that I cannot seem to solve.... entryway door latch. I cannot for the life of me, find a replacement. Not only installed on class C like mine but, also I've seen the same style on Alante Class A as well.

Dealer is of no help and I have yet to find this style online. So, I am appealing to the vast knowledge of the forum to point me in the right direction.

I will try to post a few pictures

I have this same handle/lock mech. As suggested by @JFlightRisk, the key states Global Link. I did a little searching around and came to the same conclusion; I can not find this particular latch/lock ANYWHERE online. No Amazon, no Etrailer, not even a picture on google nor duckduckgo images... odd.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 04:30 PM   #9

Whew!!! And I thought it was just me!! I have talked to my local dealer RV One for about 3 weeks and 4 different parts people...no luck so far.

I did get them to admit that it is covered under warranty and I can just bring in the latch assembly to exchange when and IF they can locate one.
Old 03-06-2022, 04:33 PM   #10

And....is there a reason why this site directs me to the "count to a trillion" thread every time I try to sign in? I have to close out the site and re-sign in every time I want to reply to a thread.
Old 03-06-2022, 05:00 PM   #11

Quote:
The problem is, the key for the deadbolt will not go all the way in.
Sounds like something was shoved into the keyhole. Any way you can use a dentist pick and try to fish it out?
Old 03-06-2022, 05:11 PM   #12

Yep...I had it apart and removed all the grease and went to work with a dental pick on both sides of the keyway. While I can depress all the pins on each side, the key itself will not seat all the way in. Nothing in the lock that I can see. I thought I'd just replace it and move on... 😂 Guess not!
Old 03-08-2022, 01:08 PM   #13

Quote:
And....is there a reason why this site directs me to the "count to a trillion" thread every time I try to sign in? I have to close out the site and re-sign in every time I want to reply to a thread.

Sounds like a classic "clear your cache, cookies" issue.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:11 AM   #14

ERD, I had issues with same door lock on my Melbourne. The door was difficult to lock and the plastic hole plug was broken. I finally found the source for the hole plug, Dexter Door (phone 574-848-44921). Maybe they can help you as well. I also had to adjust the metal stud protruding out from the door jam. The solution was to take a steel washer with an adequate I.D. Hole and cut a slice in it enabling me to slide it under the stud (had to be careful to loosen the stud slightly as not to lose the nut on the inside of the door jam, would have had to dismantle the door to retrieve it otherwise). The washer allowed for the stud to stand out more and make a better connection with the door receiving mechanism. Before I did this work, I bent the “Global” key when locking the door. Thankful it did not break off in the key lock. I purchase a few extra keys and routinely squirt WD-40 in the key hole.
rockymountainRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 06:21 AM   #15

A few photos for reference regarding the door issue.
Attached Thumbnails
59DA6C6C-0124-4BF3-BD66-1711C88B9449.jpg   93A3745A-10C0-4619-BB81-671C54EC92A4.jpg   6D7C1D94-DDC8-4B1B-9A06-DA1157437405.jpg  
Old 03-09-2022, 11:23 AM   #16

I think the issue with mine is that the stud on mine needs to be positioned further out away from the inside of the RV (not longer). The mechanism in the door has 2 click positions. The first click, the door is ajar, but won't open, then a second click to fully close and allow the deadbolt to slide into the hole. The position of the stud prevents that 2nd click to engage.

Unfortunately, the stud only can be adjusted vertically.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:38 AM   #17

Understood. No room to move the stud toward the outside of the rig. Alternatively, can the door be adjusted toward the inside of the rig? Otherwise, sounds like warranty replacement of the door system is warranted. Not always easy answers to the things we encounter with our rigs.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyh818 View Post
I think the issue with mine is that the stud on mine needs to be positioned further out away from the inside of the RV (not longer). The mechanism in the door has 2 click positions. The first click, the door is ajar, but won't open, then a second click to fully close and allow the deadbolt to slide into the hole. The position of the stud prevents that 2nd click to engage.

Unfortunately, the stud only can be adjusted vertically.
I have the same problem on my 2022 Odyssey. If I pull out the plastic hole plug from the frame that allows me to lock the deadbolt even if the door latch has only clicked into position 1.

At at position 1 (without the deadbolt) the door will still open with enough force and/or vibration. I learned that one time when my door opened while driving.
ait109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 02:14 PM   #19

Door pin problem

Most RV doors don’t close well the frame flexes with door frame typically so slam it yeah like ones I owned
Automobiles in the 70’s and 80’s were an issue
Not so much now trucks cars are more Percision fits body designed exactly.. so anyway in one of the threads it shows the door pin on the door frame sticking out ,THEY are adjustable by loosening off and moving around or you can take the pin rate out make the whole slightly bigger to allow for more adjustment .
Carefully close the door on the pin with it LOOSENED then open it carefully you should be close to the right spot might still have to tweak a bit
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 04:31 PM   #20

Maybe try a locksmith. They may be able to figure out what the problem is and fix it.