Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2018, 02:52 PM   #1

Alaska

Just arrived home from my 11000 mile journey to Alaska and back. The Seneca did a awesome job with no issues! Of course the windshield got a few cracks but that’s to be expected. The roads were better than my expectations. Clocked about 2500 miles on the Jeep mostly on gravel roads. To my surprise Canada has wonderful views with abundance of wild life and one hell of a shopping mall! Thanks for all the help this forum provided to get me ready! Was glad to get back to the farm in Georgia!
Abe padgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:24 PM   #2

thinking of making that trip from Ottawa Ontario Canada next year. When did you leave home ? How was the weather? We are trying to decide whether to leave home mid May and spend most of June in Alaska or head there mid August and spend September there. I know that is not ideal but what are your thoughts? Spring weather with risk of floods and poorer road conditions or fall weather with risk of snow? Or am I exaggerating?
docdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:29 PM   #3

We left in mid June and the weather was great.
Abe padgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:05 PM   #4

We have visited Alaska 3 times, with each trip 2 weeks in Alaska. First trip was middle 2 weeks in June, #2 was weeks following Labor day, and just last month the week before and after July 4th. Advantages of early and late are no bugs and beautiful Spring/Fall follage but we had fair amount of rain. Mid July was great weather and only 1 rainy day [very unusual]. Most snow on the mountains in early Spring but still got into snow in the high passes in September. I would recommend trying them all. You will meet and get to dread the state bird on any trip in mid summer.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote