Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 06:11 PM   #1

Any diagram for aux start button?

So i had an issue when we purchased this 2018 29 mv, the 5 amp fuse under the dash had the cameras (which also have their own 3 amp for the camera switcher), the hydraulic leveling system and mirrors were all attached thru the 5 amp fuse and it kept frying,

Had an electrician buddy come over and he found out that there were 2 extra wires wired into the fuse,

Well one of the wires is a skinny yellow wire coming off the aux start push button, once we removed that, the fuse no longer fries BUT, im not sure where to connect that wire?

Its a mess but ive included some pics and im not entirely sure if perhaps the bundle that went to the 5 amp fuse was somehow intertwined with the solar / batterie (s) as the previous owner removed the house battery and put in 2 trojan 6 volts for the solar.....

I also have 3 wires coming off the clip with wire nuts on them..... No idea if they actually go to anything or what?

Any advice? Any direction to lead me? Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201031_224923802.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	65093Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201031_224812722.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	65094
Old 10-31-2020, 06:28 PM   #2
CAG

I am wondering where these people who work at Jayco doing wiring get their education. The wiring behind my dash looked like an explosion in a spaghetti factory. No rhyme or reason as to where wires go and wires in places that pinched wires meaning that some things did not work. It cost me another $200+ to fix the factory mirror wiring. What a major FUBAR. We pay good money for this messed up work. I would like to back charge them for the time and labor to fix their mess ups.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I am wondering where these people who work at Jayco doing wiring get their education. The wiring behind my dash looked like an explosion in a spaghetti factory. No rhyme or reason as to where wires go and wires in places that pinched wires meaning that some things did not work. It cost me another $200+ to fix the factory mirror wiring. What a major FUBAR. We pay good money for this messed up work. I would like to back charge them for the time and labor to fix their mess ups.
I hear ya, i dropped that panel near my knees and a dumpster fire of wires dropped to the floor,

Now the previous owner did me no favors by installing the solar and removing the house battery, under the main bed, looks like someone dropped a grenade, its pretty disturbing,

Id love to get reimbursed for dealing with their messes,
Old 11-01-2020, 10:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2048b View Post
I hear ya, i dropped that panel near my knees and a dumpster fire of wires dropped to the floor,

Now the previous owner did me no favors by installing the solar and removing the house battery, under the main bed, looks like someone dropped a grenade, its pretty disturbing,

Id love to get reimbursed for dealing with their messes,
It is across the board with JAYCO. The mess behind the dash that they made is just plain poor workmanship. I spent three weeks getting mine all cleaned up.

I attached the schematic for the switch -(for Seneca) so you can see where the Yellow wire is supposed to go.
Attached Thumbnails
20190114_141103.jpg   20141201_210145.jpg  
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

Old 11-01-2020, 10:50 AM   #5

Greyhawk chassis

Attached is a diagram for a Greyhawk.

I also included some under dash wiring photos Jayco sent me that may help show how a new Greyhawk is wired.

What a mess .... I get angry every time I pull open a panel on this RV.

I got these when just after I bought the unit the leveler controller would not work. I was looking for the parking brake lockout wiring.
Attached Thumbnails
IGN LINE 1.jpg   IGN LINE 2.jpg   LOCATION.jpg   PARK BRAKE 1.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 12V Chassis.pdf (448.1 KB, 108 views)

Old 11-03-2020, 03:27 AM   #6

thank you guys i appreciate the pics and diagrams, ill take a look, i emailed jayco, they sent me a diagram with a switch and each wire, but doesnt tell me or show me where each wire is connected within what system, nor what wire goes where....
Old 11-03-2020, 08:38 AM   #7

For the life of me, I cannot fathom why Jayco cannot supply a complete set of schematics and wiring diagrams for these RV's.
You would think they need such to design and then build these things.

I ask for schematics and usually get manufacturing drawings that show wire information like length and color. They are nearly impossible to use as troubleshooting aids. I dread the day I have an electrical problem.
I am confident that day will come as the result of the bag of crimped wires I bought .... called an RV .

Old 11-03-2020, 01:01 PM   #8

This for Grayhawk and Redhawk Ford E450. Jayco sent it yesterday. I'm having a chassis battery drain. Ford dealer said it was ok. So Jayco to the rescue...will post a fix.

12V Chassis.pdf

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
Old 11-04-2020, 04:35 PM   #9

on mine for some reason i have an extra wire, some of the wires from the 3 amp on the camera box are not the same color, perhaps all due to having the previous owner install solar? Ill have to have my electrician buddy show me the item he used to track wires, it was awesome, followed wires and beeps as its tracking the wire....

I got the schematic here from you guys and i have 2 purple wires,. Perhaps 1 is supposed to be black for the mirrors? Just not sure what the other one is used for...
Old 11-04-2020, 04:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by msherw View Post
This for Grayhawk and Redhawk Ford E450. Jayco sent it yesterday. I'm having a chassis battery drain. Ford dealer said it was ok. So Jayco to the rescue...will post a fix.

Attachment 65153
Cant open the pdf on mobile for some reason, prolly due to useing tapatalk
Old 11-11-2020, 01:51 PM   #11

Jayco can provide a wiring diagram. They have done so several times for me for my 2007 Greyhawk. You may have to get to level 2 support to get it. It does exist so be persistent.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:55 PM   #12

Just a head's up...

Just a heads up, there were several motorhomes that I had complaints about aux start not working.

Turns out switch Battery Connection was connected to wrong side of solenoid. Essentially, when chassis batteries were dead, so was boost switch. Fairly common mistake, no real way to test without measuring battery voltage at switch input and compare to chassis / coach battery or following wiring and doing visual inspection / verification. FR may have sent a note out about this.

Most extreme cases I came across, though been a few years, were aux switch wired ACROSS solenoid so that when switch pressed, wiring instantly burned open due to current before key was twisted.

The most unique case was in the use of an illuminated switch for battery boost. Light was always on, no real complaint there other than parasitic draw. But, boost only worked when headlights were turned on. See if you can figure out why... Answer in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Connections for switch input and lamp were reversed. Lamp was connected to coach side of solenoid, switch terminal connected to dash light circuit. light was always on, turning on headlights w/o engine running caused solenoid to close. 2002 Itasca Spirit.
2005 Prevost Liberty Monterey 45'
1997 Ford F250 SuperCab 351cid Auto 4WD
2011 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L 6spd Auto
Old 11-11-2020, 03:15 PM   #13

Attachment 65153

Click on the link above and you will open a PDF of the schematic you need.

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
Old 11-11-2020, 10:23 PM   #14
Site Team

Thread closed.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
Closed Thread