Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2020, 05:48 PM   #1

Bolt heads pushing up the floor.

So we're about 500 miles out on our first major trip with our 2020 26xd with 3000 miles on it. The wife calls me over to the area just forward of the rear bed slide. There I see the top of what appears to be a stove head bolt push in the flooring up. I crawl under and it seems to be tied into the foward cross body support. It is a box steel support so I can't see where the bolt is connected so I can't try to tighten it. Further inspection: found another one in front of the shower stall. This one lines up with the rear cross body support (if that is what those cross beams are. Has anybody else had this issue? I guess I have to find a jayco dealer and have them check it out....
Old 07-21-2020, 06:00 PM   #2

Yep. We have one up right now. Jayco didn’t want to pay a second guy to be underneath installing nut onto a bolt...so they use “one man” self tappers. Road vibrations plus body flex moves them up. LOTS of coverage on this forum on repairs. Saturday I plan on removing, replacing with carriage bolt Lots of options. Since yours in new, could of course just let dealership handle it. I figure they’ll take a week to just screw it back down (repeat problem). Don’t know tho. Maybe they’ll really fix it.
jackman5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:22 PM   #3

Blackman thanks. That figures. Just about what I thought was happening. I'll just have to go talk with the dealer when I return home in a month. Hopefully it works out. We'll see.