Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-26-2018, 05:20 PM   #1

Cable tv input

Another question and thanks in advance!!

The TVs in our Seneca will find TV stations by antenna only so far. Even tho we have the cable TV from the campground connected, and we choose the option at set-up “search by connected cable” the search finds nothing. We are wondering if we are supposed to change the splitter input? We only see TV and HDMI 1 as options for input on the Tv. AV and HDMI 2 are greyed out. The splitter input is set on Sat 1 for all the TV inputs.
MTOverall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:25 PM   #2

Do you have the antenna booster turned off? If not it needs to be off for cable.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:02 AM   #3

Cable Tv

We tried that Grumpy, (turned off antenna)still not picking up anything. Do you know if the splitter is set correctly to SAT1? It has 4 outputs for each device and they are all set there by Jayco. Maybe we’ll have to get on the Insigna website for help.... ?
MTOverall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:02 PM   #4

I don't have a Seneca, but the SAT-1 input would give me pause. Maybe that's the way you get cable into the system on a Seneca.

This issue has come up a lot - one suggestion I've used in the past is to run an RG-6 cable directly from the TV to the cable input on the campground pedestal. Set TV to "cable" (not "air") and search for stations. If you find that things work, then you know it's not the TV, but something with the wiring or the configuration.

I'm pretty sure Cable will come in on the "TV" input.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:25 PM   #5
MD3

On mine... the splitter only controls the HDMI/cat cable.
I have a DVD player and the satellite plugged into the splitter. The splitter box controls what signal (Sat1 or DVD) is going to what tv via hdmi/cat cable.

Each TV has a coax cable running to it also. Park cable hookups and antenna come across the coax cable.

To control which signal is going to play on the TV I have to select that with the INPUT function on the tv remote.
Tv = coax cable
HDMI1 = hdmi/cat cable from the splitter box.

For park cable I shut off the coax booster and set the tv input to “tv”
For antenna I turn on the coax booster and set the tv input to “tv”
For satellite I turn on the splitter and set the tv input to “hdmi1” then turn the splitter to sat1 for the tv I want to watch.
For dvd I turn on the splitter and set the tv input to “hdmi1” then turn the splitter to dvd for the tv I want to watch.

I had to sit down and play with this for awhile to get it all figured out.
I have directv at home so it was super simple to just get another receiver for the RV (add to my home account) and use the factory installed satellite. Works great and now I only use the satellite. I have RF remotes (3) so I can change the channels from anywhere inside the coach and outside while watching the outside tv. Remotes are cheap so I have one at every tv so I don’t have to chase them down when I need it.

-
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:02 PM   #6

On our 2017 Greyhawk we had same problem and found the cable connector on back side of panel that you connect from pedestal to coach was never connected.
harleydawg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #7

I have a 2018 33U Precept and I tried using the cable option while at a park and also got nothing. I turned off the booster, did the cable option for finding channels and got nothing. I tried different cable connections at the pedestal. I wonder Harleydawg57 if mine isn't connected also? will look into that next. Thanks.....
beachvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #8

cable connection

I have commented a couple times on this thread about our experience with cable reception. I would connect to the pedestal, search, and find stations, but the picture was snowy with sound OK. I added a short coax cable from the 'satellite' connector at the junction box behind our television and connect the pedestal output to 'satellite' in the wet room. Perfect reception. Something changed since we purchased the unit in early 2015, because it used to work fine before the industry change to digital. I think. The splitter in the wet room sends cable to two televisions and is digitally-compatible and the cabeling is the higher rated RG-6, so I have no idea. No expert here-just found what works for me.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable tv