Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2020, 02:41 PM   #21

Just a ‘me three’ on the alignment. We have a 2018.5 Seneca 37K. I haven’t added any suspension modifications whatsoever. Previously owned a E-450 Ford Chassis Thor Dutchman. Before any mods thought the C drove like a hog on roller skates. Trying pass at around 70 was a real “pay attention stupid” moment, lots of work. Crosswinds were no fun. Added front and rear antisway bar from Helwig, Koni Shocks all around and this made things tolerable when driving. Night and day difference with the Seneca. I am sure that I give Class C’s the “bow wave” now when passing. I haven’t added the Saf-T-Plus at this time. A 400 mile day in a regular C was a lot of work. 400 miles in a Seneca is pretty relaxing.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:29 PM   #22
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
Crosswinds were no fun. Added front and rear antisway bar from Helwig, Koni Shocks all around and this made things tolerable when driving. Night and day difference with the Seneca. I am sure that I give Class C’s the “bow wave” now when passing. I haven’t added the Saf-T-Plus at this time. A 400 mile day in a regular C was a lot of work. 400 miles in a Seneca is pretty relaxing.

Wonder if a 14K weight versus a 22K weight makes any difference...
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:02 PM   #23

Smile Oh Yah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Wonder if a 14K weight versus a 22K weight makes any difference...
For sure and I think the Seneca GVWR lists at 29000.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:35 PM   #24

Had a couple of class c on e450 chassis and have to say the accolade is way better ride. Had the alignment done and can't be happier, might do some modifications down the road .
jack4540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:34 PM   #25

In the past 11 years we had a Class C on an E450 chassis and a Class A on an F 53. We now have the Accolade on the Freightliner. After our test drive and prior to the PDI I had the dealer get the coach aligned. The handling between the different units is night and day. With the Accolade I do not feel the need to make any suspension mods and IMHO it handles fine the way it is.

Someone else mentioned the difference in levels of fatigue after a day of travel and I totally agree. With the Class C and Class A I would limit my travel day to 300 miles max and I would need a rest stop every hour. With the Accolade 400 miles is a relatively easy day and I have to force myself to stop and stretch every 2 hours.

Definitely glad we went the Super C route this time around.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:50 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
In the past 11 years we had a Class C on an E450 chassis and a Class A on an F 53. We now have the Accolade on the Freightliner. After our test drive and prior to the PDI I had the dealer get the coach aligned. The handling between the different units is night and day. With the Accolade I do not feel the need to make any suspension mods and IMHO it handles fine the way it is.

Someone else mentioned the difference in levels of fatigue after a day of travel and I totally agree. With the Class C and Class A I would limit my travel day to 300 miles max and I would need a rest stop every hour. With the Accolade 400 miles is a relatively easy day and I have to force myself to stop and stretch every 2 hours.

With the other RV's the wife would get up and leave me alone in the cap, now she stays in front and keeps me company.
jack4540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post

We have gone more than 400, but we are always pulling a trailer and I adhear to our company philosophy where we do a trip check 2x or 3x a day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack4540 View Post
With the other RV's the wife would get up and leave me alone in the cap, now she stays in front and keeps me company.
If I turn the stereo up (bluetooth content) in the cab, Stacy will be dozing off after the first 150 miles.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 01:00 AM   #28

Our 2014 Seneca 37FS is our first rig. We looked for over a year and we thought Class A was the way to go. We then found the Seneca and I fell in love with almost everything about it. DW loved the interior layout as well and the fact we had useable space with slides closed, unlike most of the class A DPs we looked at.

Before we bought the Seneca, we rented a Redhawk 31XL and drove it almost 1,500 miles. It was my first time really driving an RV for serious use. While I was impressed with the V10, I hated fighting it driving down the highway every time anything bigger than a large SUV passed me. I didn’t have the Grand Cherokee at the time but don’t think I’d be as comfortable towing it up and down our 6% grades with the redhawk.

With the Seneca, we’ve done no suspension mods and I absolutely LOVE driving it. It tows the Cherokee up the hills in the heat with ease and doesn’t get blown around by its older brother Freightliners passing me on the interstate. Going down the grades with the exhaust brake on, I rarely touch the brakes to maintain 55-60 MPH. Agree on stamina - I can run 400 miles in a day and don’t feel beat up at all.

2014 Seneca 37FS
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
AaronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:39 AM   #29

I installed the safe t plus unit on my m2. It took about a half hour to install and another half hour to adjust.

I did this for the blow out assistance not for any other reason as I felt the unit drove well before. I did notice that it reduced slight steering adjustments and the unit tracks straight.

As much as i try not to, sometimes In construction zones I get too close to the shoulder and drop off the edge. Before I had the unit it would suck the rig over further onto the shoulder and I had to counter that motion. Now when this happens I barely notice it and simply steer back on to the travel portion of the road.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote