Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-17-2023, 01:39 PM   #1

Class C tilts towards driver side

Have a 2021 Jayco 27u class c. It tilts towards the drivers side even after leveling. whether mobile or stationery, leveled or not. Any suggestions?
romanoj55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 02:49 PM   #2

Many of the Class C's use a Helwig helper spring on top of each of the rear leaf springs that is adjustable. I would check to make sure that both sides are equal with each other in their adjustments (measure how far away they are from the factory leaf springs) and while I haven't had the need to do so, I don't see why you couldn't tighten one side a little more than the other if needed and especially if the difference was small. Prior to doing so and if they appear to be already set equally, I would inspect all of the springs and their mounting hardware for any issues.

How much of a lean are you seeing? ~CA

BTW, Welcome to the Jayco Owner's Forums (JOF) and for future reference, your Class C specific questions would be more appropriately categorized for other Class C owners to see when posted in the "Class C" forum. I didn't notice this earlier, perhaps one of the admins can move it for you.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:19 PM   #3
Site Team

Moderator note: Thread moved to Class C motorhome thread.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 07:09 AM   #4

Tilt

CA Seems to be about 3-4 degrees. I will take a pic later today and post it/
Old 03-18-2023, 10:37 AM   #5

Seems a bit strange

The auto levelers are on the frame, so springs shouldn't effect it when on Jack's

Check the springs as mentioned though since it could be off

Then do a leveling reset of your levelers system. But if it is leaning naturally to the drivers side, being the springs are all equal, levelers may not help but they can be manually leveled too

Also, drivers side is the heave side with all the tanks and usually the Genny too
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 05:47 PM   #6

Tilt

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7553.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	86951

Name:	IMG_7552.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	86952

Name:	IMG_7551.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	86953

Name:	IMG_7547.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	86954

Name:	IMG_7546.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	86955
Old 03-19-2023, 06:17 PM   #7

Certainly appears to be leaning.

Couple of thoughts, if it is leaning with the levelers down and set, then that is simply an adjustment issue with the levelers. When it is leaning, and on a flat surface and there are no levelers in use, the issue would be with the suspension or possibly with driver's side having more weight. In other words, two separate concerns with two different corrections needed, one recalibrate the levelers so the RV is level when using them and two correct the tilt for when no levelers are in use.

Did you purchase it this way or park it and return and found it out of level? ~CA
Old 03-19-2023, 07:16 PM   #8
RPR

Instructions to recalibrate the leveling system is in your owners manual.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:37 PM   #9

Tilt

It tilts with levelers down or up. Noticed it after first road trip.
Old 03-19-2023, 08:17 PM   #10
RPR

Here is what I would do to try and eliminate possibilities. To make sure level system is calibrated. After using auto level place a 4 to 3 foot level on the inside floor. Check length ways and cross ways to see if floor is level. If not recalibrate the level system. Recheck with level. If floor is level and unit is still looks tilted I would check spots where body is mounted to the vehicle frame. Compare same spots where right side and left side are mounted.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 05:33 AM   #11

I picked up my 23 26m and it did the same thing (Tilted to drives side while leveled). Like others have mentioned here you need to get a level and manually level the coach then calibrate the auto level system. If it leans without the levelers down then you have additional problems as leaning while auto levelers are down is a different problem then when they are up.
MEILI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 05:53 AM   #12

Will try to re-calibrate the leveling system and see if that helps any. Will post the results.
Old 04-01-2023, 03:14 PM   #13

Tilt

While at dealer had them take a quick look. They said that is normal since additional weight from both slides are on the left-hand side. I looked at other coaches & trailers on the lot and quite a few leaned to the left when both slides were on the left.
Old 04-01-2023, 03:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanoj55 View Post
While at dealer had them take a quick look. They said that is normal since additional weight from both slides are on the left-hand side. I looked at other coaches & trailers on the lot and quite a few leaned to the left when both slides were on the left.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I don't know what to think about that.

I do know I would not care for the lean and look for some way to adjust it.
Old 04-01-2023, 06:15 PM   #15

My Winnie did the same things. Independently adjusting the airbags did not help. Once I saw it I couldn’t ‘unsee’ it and it bothered me.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 03:09 PM   #16

If you have the adjustable helwigs on the rear leafs, I'd tighten the one side up more than the other to shift that weight up. I'd do just a little at a time, ~1/2" tightening and see if the driving experience.

If you haven't already tightened them up so there's a 2" gap between the helwig and the normal leaf bars, definitely something to do. Makes a world of difference driving.

If you are using the auto leveler, it may need to be recalibrated to what level is. I honestly got tired of it at it would get out of whack every 4 trips or so and just do it manually now.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:17 AM   #17

If this is a 2021 you should still be in the 2+3 warranty period. Call a Jayco dealer and have them look at it. There shouldn't be a need for you to deal with it.

I have a 2022 27U and the leveling jacks wouldn't hold over night. That seems to be a different problem then what you have. I couldn't stand driving down the road like that.

I can't imagine having a load big enough to cause that but have you considered that there may be too much weight on one side? Kind of a long shot.
Grimmy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 06:28 AM   #18

Tilt

The dealer seems to think is caused by the weight of the slides being on the same side.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:47 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanoj55 View Post
The dealer seems to think is caused by the weight of the slides being on the same side.
I have a Greyhawk 31F with a full length slide on the drivers side. My camper doesn't lean.
LukeDagny is offline   Reply With Quote