Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2021, 11:45 AM   #1
MDR

Country water fill

New to the game I have 2022 27u and can’t seem to get my city fill to work any thoughts. I have already tried reversing the mesh washer at the inlet .thanks
MDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:56 PM   #2

Have you changed the valve setting from dry camping to city water?
What rv and year do you have?
Old 10-07-2021, 01:08 PM   #3
MDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHen View Post
Have you changed the valve setting from dry camping to city water?
What rv and year do you have?
I have a jayco 27 u year 2022

I meant to say when I turn the knobs to country fill I can’t get the pump to pull any water from a container
MDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDR View Post
I have a jayco 27 u year 2022

I meant to say when I turn the knobs to country fill I can’t get the pump to pull any water from a container
So you know the trick with the cone washer. But double check it. Make sure the screen is pressing on the check valve. Also how long of a hose and how far away is the bucket?

Shorter the hose the better. Some people have had good luck placing the water jug on a table/chair/etc.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:47 PM   #5

Do you have access to city water, can you get any water into the tank? I would test running in 3-5 normal to see if the pump is operational from there. Also can try 2-4 sanitize from your country-fill setup and open a faucet to see if you can get flow that way. Trying to see if the pump works at all...
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:55 PM   #6

See if your pump will deliver water to the plumbing fixtures in the coach. Use the "Normal" setting (3 & 5).

If your pump won't "Country Fill" (1 & 4) and won't pump into the plumbing fixtures on Normal, you probably have a suction (air) leak or a bad pump.

Also, (if you have the same system I have) there is a drain valve in the back of the utility center on the far right as you face it. Make sure that's closed.

I just went through this with a 2022 Greyhawk. It was a suction leak. ... hard to find, but about $2 to repair.

Keep us posted.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:22 AM   #7

Quote:
New to the game I have 2022 27u and can’t seem to get my city fill to work any thoughts. I have already tried reversing the mesh washer at the inlet .thanks

I have a 2017 GreyHawk and have used the country fill many times. At first try, I didn’t think it was working, but after leaving the hose in the container for a short while, I found that it, in fact, was doing it’s job. I use a short hose of about roughly 4’ and I sit my water jug on a small table that is about 3 feet off of the ground. After turning the valves to the proper setting, it becomes a slow process. Keep one thing in mind, if you will, imagine filling a 5 or 6 gallon container by using your water pump from your kitchen sink and see just how long it takes for this to happen and fill the container to its fullest. Well, you are doing the same thing, only in reverse when using country fill, but are adding another length of larger diameter hose while trying to draw the water up through it so the pump then can pump it into your water tank through smaller diameter tubing within your coach. It does take a while, and at first, it seems as if nothing is working, but it actually is, barring no other complications or air leaks in your water system. Try sitting your water container in a higher position, so that the pump does not have to draw the water so far up and use a shorter hose so it doesn’t have to pull it so far. Then be patient and watch the slow progress, as it most likely will work just fine for you. Obviously, if not, then you do have other issues. I hope this helps.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
So you know the trick with the cone washer. But double check it. Make sure the screen is pressing on the check valve. Also how long of a hose and how far away is the bucket?

Shorter the hose the better. Some people have had good luck placing the water jug on a table/chair/etc.

X 2 the check valve is still closed you will need to flip the washer so the screen holds the valve open
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:29 AM   #9

Quote:

If the water pump works normally then I completely agree with what's posted here: you flipped the cone shaped washer (good) and now you need to raise the jug up, make sure the hose is a short as possible and most importantly make sure there are no air leaks; the hoses need to be tight in their fittings.
Old 05-14-2022, 04:14 PM   #10

Can't country fill

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
If the water pump works normally then I completely agree with what's posted here: you flipped the cone shaped washer (good) and now you need to raise the jug up, make sure the hose is a short as possible and most importantly make sure there are no air leaks; the hoses need to be tight in their fittings.

After 3 attempts and watching a YOU Tube video where the lady does tell you to flip the screen and my dealer suggesting the same thing I still cannot get it to work. Only once today it emptied a cup of water. Very frustrated. Redhawk 24B 2022
artie p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 04:51 PM   #11

I had a similar issue on my 2022 31f redhawk and couldnt get the normal operation to work. I air bound the system so i started with city water fixtures, got the air out. Then used city fill to get the water tank 2/3+ full. Then used country fixtures but kept light pressure from city water by mostly closing the valve. Once i did those steps I could run things normally again. Good luck and i hope this works! This was after i pulled apart the pump thinking there was a tear in the diaphragm.
uberpain21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:58 PM   #12

Any updates?

I have a 2022 RedHawk 26M that also will not siphon water through country Fill. I need to clean my potable tank but I can’t get the bleach into the tank. I’ve turned the mesh net thing, I’ve put it on 1 and 4 for sanitize tank., I drained all the water from the low point drains, I turn on the pump and there is no suction. I have the bleach/water on a table about 3 foot high and I’m using the hose that came with the camper to do the siphoning… I also went through every combination of numbers just in case something was hooked up incorrectly. Anyone been able to fix this?
Kristy Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:18 AM   #13

Alot of great advice here MDR- Two others I may add- besides flipping your screen, hit the button with your finger to "release" it. Mine sticks, and if I dont do that the screen wont push it in. Also, if your water filter is bypassed, it wont country fill--
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:05 AM   #14

A noobie question: What is "country fill?"
SmokeyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:23 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyBear View Post
A noobie question: What is "country fill?"
RVs have two ways to fill the onboard FW tank. The old school method, which is a gravity fill port. Just pour your water down the port and into the FW tank.

Country Fill is on new newer RVs with a wet bay, you must use the pump with a short section of hose to transfer water from your jug to your FW tank.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:57 AM   #16

Aaah. I am old school, but I don't pour water. I stick a garden hose into the fill hole and fill it with house tap water before I leave. Which I will be doing Friday before a week at Laguna Seca Raceway.
SmokeyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:49 AM   #17

I am using country fill to add bleach to my potable tank. It smells and needs to be cleaned. Unfortunately it will not siphon the bleach into the tank.
Kristy Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 10:03 AM   #18

Pour the bleach in the hose pipe and then hook to motorhome and turn on city water.
Ttlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 10:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy Trip View Post
I am using country fill to add bleach to my potable tank. It smells and needs to be cleaned. Unfortunately it will not siphon the bleach into the tank.
One option that I don't recommend unless you really need to use this option (like I needed in the past) is to completely drain your fresh water hose, reconnect it back to the RV, and with a funnel add about 1~1.5 cups of bleach directly into the hose, carefully reattach the hose to your shore water supply so you don't let any bleach come out, and then fill the water tank. Of course you need to be careful not to get any bleach on you as full strength bleach is pretty hard on you and your clothes. So make sure the hose is well connected and use as little pressure as you can to fill the water tank, at least at first until the bleach has entered the water tank.

BTW, the country fill setting isn't based on syphon, it does require the 12v water pump and will pull water from a lower elevation (when it works), although it would pull easier if the liquid was higher as you stated on a table, but in either case you have to have a running pump. ~CA
Old 08-08-2022, 12:09 PM   #20

Country water fill

Had the same problem on our new Redhawk 24D. Dealer looked at it and checked the pump. He said there was some material in the pump probably from building the RV. He changed the pump and it immediately began to suck the water
artie p is offline   Reply With Quote