Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-21-2022, 10:21 AM   #1

Greyhawk 29MV - BR door option?

Just bought the Greyhawk 29MV a few months back. After two trips with it so far, one of the major drawbacks is the paper-esque folding door the bedroom has and the lack of noise/light filtration it provides. the skylight in the bathroom is nice and all, but not at 6am

Has anyone replaced it with something more substantial? The two walls are offset which can add to some of the challenge but was thinking maybe something like these instead. I'm not sure of the footprint they'll take up when folded. It might be one of those "door always stays closed" things.

Spectrum-Encore-36-in-x-80-in-Fruitwood-Vinyl-Accordion-Door-with-Hardware-

Has anyone tried anything else that seems to work well?
Suprnova74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:27 PM   #2

You may want to consider a shade on the skylight in the bathroom. It's not completely black out, but dims it quite some. Plus it's easier to install as it's made for it. Check it out.

https://www.amazon.com/Duoform-Plast...583393&sr=8-23
jyh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:25 PM   #3
Site Team

Per the HD website the collapsed width is 5.5 inches.

Collapsed Width
5.5 in
Door Height (in.)
78.875 in
Door Thickness (in.)
0.37 in
Door Width (in.)
36.875 in
Nominal Door Height (in.)
Nominal Door Thickness (in.)
Nominal Door Width (in.)
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 07:56 PM   #4

I cut out a piece of reflextic to put over the skylight. I hold it in place with velcro tabs.
Old 04-22-2022, 06:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
I cut out a piece of reflextic to put over the skylight. I hold it in place with velcro tabs.

X2
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 09:45 AM   #6

We put one of these in the overhead vent fan to block the light:https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024E6QX0?th=1
I made a similar one out of foam with reflectix glued to the top to fit the shower skylight. We never use the bedroom door, but there's only the two of us so no privacy concerns.
Old 04-22-2022, 11:06 AM   #7

After looking at your unit's floor plan, it looks like you can easily install a solid sliding door that fits between the bathroom wall and the bedroom slider.
That's exactly what I have on my MH. Kinda like a pocket door without the pocket.
Jacjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 11:18 AM   #8

I would do as others said and block the skylight with reflex. We did this and it works well. Then just open the regular bathroom door fully until it engages at the top for privacy. This will block the light from the rest of the coach.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 01:05 PM   #9

I purchased a gallon of Henry's Tropicool to use for the roof, but I wanted to see how well it covered and would hold up prior to using it on the roof so I coated the shower skylight with about 3 coats in one afternoon as I was starting to see spider web looking cracks in the skylight anyway, (I suspect they were cracks but very small like a spider web). In any case, the skylight now blocks almost all of the sunlight and it is definitely a lot cooler in the shower and the surrounding area now.

Just enough sunlight passes through the skylight for me to tell that it is daylight, but not enough to provide any usable light in the shower which works well for my needs, plus I think the skylight will now last a lot longer. ~CA
Old 05-16-2022, 06:29 AM   #10

I opted for a vinyl folding door. It's still not a real "door" but much better than the paper-esque item that was in there. It's wife-approved so that's all that matters

I recorded the process with some talking points. If I have time to tidy up the video i'll post it. But here are the after pics. The way the door folds when open is just a tad tight due to the way it needs to lay which is perfect as it will keep it open when driving.
As to a solid door on a track, I'd have loved that but the light and slide-out switches as well as the thermostat are all right there which would have made things a bit messy potentially.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-05-16_8-21-08.png
Views:	14
Size:	433.7 KB
ID:	81257
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-05-16_8-21-34.png
Views:	13
Size:	528.7 KB
ID:	81258
Suprnova74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 02:11 PM   #11

I have a 2015 29MV. Also find the shower skylight too bright which floods the bedroom in the morning. I bought an expandable 'twist to tighten' rod to fit the shower wall opening. Mount the rod about 2-3" down from the ceiling. Then hang a solid color bath towel on the rod at night. This reduces the light coming into the bedroom. Found it's best to remove the rod before traveling....if not tight enough it will fall.
Dave T WA State is offline   Reply With Quote