Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2019, 04:27 AM   #1

Heading to California

We have crossed the country several times with Class A Motorhomes but never in a Class C. Can anyone suggest a good route that has less steep grades to cross safely in our Greyhawk 29MV.
All our previous coaches had exhaust brakes and large Diesel engines.
We have not crossed in 3 years and need to head out to Morgan Hill, Ca leaving Florida mid April.
We have crossed on routes 10– 40 and 70 in the past but again never with a Class C.
Any road and handling suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:24 AM   #2

If you want to be guaranteed to stay out of any lingering winter storms, I would consider either I-10 (for best weather at this time of the year) or I-40. I’ve traveled them all in both Class A D. Pusher and Class C. Both MH platforms have their advantages and pit falls. Just don’t be in a hurry, be safe and ..... Enjoy !!
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:34 AM   #3

Thanks George. I have traveled 40 several times and it is my favorite route.
I see your in Kingman. We usually stop at the Blake Ranch RV Park just east of Kingman. Good stopover spot.
Thanks again, Jimmyd
Old 03-02-2019, 06:41 AM   #4

Enjoy and safe travels.....one day we are going to head out to the Grand Canyon.
Pmcmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd View Post
Thanks George. I have traveled 40 several times and it is my favorite route.
I see your in Kingman. We usually stop at the Blake Ranch RV Park just east of Kingman. Good stopover spot.
Thanks again, Jimmyd

Jimmy, if you do so this year, let me know and I will drive out to say Hi !! 928-279-9559 and/or gprapim@gmail.com

Best Regards,
George Rapoport
Old 03-02-2019, 06:59 AM   #6

As a matter of fact, Jimmy, if you would like, you can come to the house to stay the night, or more for that matter, and park your Grey Hawk on our pad in the rear yard. It has a 30 Amp plug in, water and sewer connection. I keep mine under wraps in the adjoining garage.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:28 PM   #7

Thanks so much George. I just saw your posts from today. We had a lightning strike to a large pine tree up our driveway which took out our ground transformer. Just got our electric back on. Luckily I had the coach here and fired up the generator so we could cook up some dinner. Power was out for over eight hours. Hope to see you along the way.
George on edit I should have given you my number as well. It is 727-439-5482 and my email address is: jpdelellis@gmail.com
Thanks again, Jimmyd