Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2022, 05:03 PM   #1

Help

We have a 26Y Grayhawk on 450 Ford. We cannot turn on the docking station. Ford says it's aftermarket so they won't help us. Nearest Jayco dealer is a long way from here so we're hoping we can fix it. When I remove Radio/GPS it turns on long enough to say return it to the docking station but when I do it turns off and pressing the red power button does nothing. Any suggestions?
Lanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:28 PM   #2
RPR

Have you done a update on it? Have you charged it out of the docking station to insure it is charged?
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 09:11 AM   #3

How do you charge it out of the docking station? I thought that was how it got charged. Also how do you do an update?
Old 06-28-2022, 12:02 PM   #4

Half my question solved, the docking station turned on but that worries me because all during our last trip it would not turn on, now we were looking to change a fuse and turned on the motor to move it out and it turned on but the question is. Do I need an update or is that automatic?
Old 06-28-2022, 09:40 PM   #5
RPR

A cable can be plugged into it. Look at slot on it to determine size plug. Ours came with the cable
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:12 AM   #6

Ours frequently goes off and on by itself. (2018 Greyhawk) We never use even for the radio. Personally I feel it is pretty much worthless and only use it for the back up camera when hooking to the trailer. Even then the camera is not located centered on the hitch so that isn't always that great either.

If you are reliant on it then i would consider replacing it with something else

IMO
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:32 AM   #7

does it look like the below? this is from my 2018 greyhawk. Garmin BBT600. IMO the thing is a pain, but it works pretty well once you learn the quirks. The tablet pops off and can be charged with micro USB.

If the hub (part in the dash in connects to) doesn't seem to be working, put the tablet back and then hold the power button (red button) and the home button on the hub down for 15 seconds. This resets/reboots the hub. The hub and the tablet talk via wifi, but its an open wifi. I've found that if anyone connects to the open wifi, the hub and the tablet stop talking and the hub doesn't work. Another way to test to see if this is broken is to put in the tablet and hit the red power button on the dock. If nothing turns on, reset the hub. I have updated the tablet and hub OS which helped other issues.

If the tablet is not charging in the hub and the power button does nothing on the hub, I'd look for a fuse for the radio in fuse box. Not sure where it is.. Since its easy to reset the HUB, i'd probably start there and see if anything changes.

if its not this radio, do you have a year of greyhawk or name/model of the radio?

PS - you can update the garmin maps for free if you download garmin express and plug the tablet into the PC.
Attached Thumbnails
radui.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Radio Manual.pdf (1.93 MB, 1 views)