Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #11

Thank you, we are going to try your advice. Unfortunately the person who did our walk thru at delivery did not really understand how the thing works. More or less by accident I followed your advice once and realize now that it worked. I just didn't connect the dots at the time.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #12

Have one on a 2015 Seneca no issues. Works great

greyhawk885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #13

Glad to know I'm not the only one struggling with this problem. I think we've all gotten some good solid advice on how to use this heater. The key seems to be understanding that we should start with the temp knob in a low position and work up from there. During the walk thru we were told that it didn't seem to make much difference where you set the knob. Technically, that's true. You're going to get hot water regardless of where you set it. If the incoming water is cool set the temp low, if incoming is icy, set the temp higher. For those of us who frequent the western deserts, if that incoming water is already warm (and it can be very warm) set the temp at the lowest setting. We are about to embark on a five day trip and will see how this philosophy works. I have already tried it here at home and it seems to work well. Good luck to everyone who commented and offered advice and suggestions. Forums like this are really helpful.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:35 PM   #14

On our first weekend out in our 2015 Grayhawk, we had enough hot water to wash dishes and that was it. I spent the remainder of the weekend trying to get the system to work. On our return, I called the dealer and scheduled the repairs. I also called Girard and trouble shot the system with their tech. We determined that the spark generator was not working. He has shipped me a new one and I will give it to the Jayco service rep to have him install it on Tuesday when he arrives. I am not yet frustrated but working on it.
snipe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #15

Getting frustrated now. Been stood up twice from dealer. Have a call in now to Jayco customer service. Cannot use the motorhome until the door is repaired and they give me some hot water ! The saga continues !!
Old 07-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #16

We can get an almost okay shower, but with all the same problems as above. I cannot believe how long it takes tho for it to get warm enough for me to start my shower even with just the hot water faucet on - at least 2 minutes. Not very practical for our grey water tank!! The hot water to the sink never gets above "sorta warm" which isn't HOT and certainly isn't hot enough to wash dishes. We are still under warranty. Is it possible ours is defective?
Birdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:48 PM   #17

Been having the same issue with our 2014 Seneca. Good info. I'll play with the temp knob next time. We did have more of a problem when hooked to water than running on the tank. The water temp difference explains that.

Dan
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:35 AM   #18

Part of my work is installing tankless water heaters residentially. They work on flow. If the dial is set too high and you have to mix too much cold water to make it comfortable then there is not enough water flowing through the heater and it will limit out and cycle. Keep the knob set low at first and work it up a bit at a time
mjcromp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #19

We have no trouble works great just run hot and set temp you like. 2015 Seneca HJ
greyhawk885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:09 PM   #20

Just returned from a four night trip with our 2015 Grayhawk 31FK. set the dial to the lowest setting, got in the shower and added a minimum amount of cold water and it worked perfectly. It just takes time to get use to.

Tags
girard water heater, instaneous water heater, water heater