Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2019, 06:57 PM   #21

PWard - See my earlier reply. I learned on my Greyhawk 29MVP that the bedside outlets are powered by the inverter, as well as the TV outlets
Ripwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:17 AM   #22

Inverter Question

we have a 2021 Grayhawk 29MV do you have to turn this on and if so where?? so can this be upgraded to a bigger one to run the Frig while traveling we had a different Motor home and it was in that one thanks, Lola
LACrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:28 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACrist View Post
we have a 2021 Grayhawk 29MV do you have to turn this on and if so where?? so can this be upgraded to a bigger one to run the Frig while traveling we had a different Motor home and it was in that one thanks, Lola
should be a switch on the inverter. Don't turn it off unless it is in storage.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:21 PM   #24

Inverter Location

On my 2021 Greyhawk 30X the inverter is located under the bedroom closet behind the fuse panel
DannyBoyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 06:42 AM   #25

1,000W Inverter

Reading through all these replies and it all sounds very familiar to me.
Purchased an Entegra Qwest 24R. It has a 1,000W inverter it is located behind a blank panel above the load center. The slide relays are there, the pass through transfer switch for the inverter the larger transfer switch and the inverter. However our first day out found out our Keurig type coffee maker would not work. After some investigation found that the inverter was 20' out and back from the batteries with 8 Ga wire. Way too small for the distance.

While I was investigating the inverter crawled underneath and found a rats nest of wires by the step I have to figure out what to do about that given its exposure to the elements it's not going to last very long.
JerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 07:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
While I was investigating the inverter crawled underneath and found a rats nest of wires by the step I have to figure out what to do about that given its exposure to the elements it's not going to last very long.
I think the rats nest of thin wires under the step is all to power/operate the automatic step (at least it appears that way on my Redhawk 24B). There also are the thicker wires coming to/from the battery that aren't very well routed/mounted and hang down quite a bit more than I am comfortable with. Definitely could be a problem over rough ground.

2021 Jayco Redhawk 24B
Home Base: Colorado
Brian_HR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:39 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab55 View Post
I am just starting to research upgrading my inverter to a 2000 watt on my 2019 Greyhawk 30XP. I thought the dealer told me the inverter was mounted under the motor home....I'm going to lift up the bed tomorrow and see what I can find. I have already done the Batteries and solar...so I have lots of capacity....I am hoping to be able to connect the Microwave and kitchen outlets to the inverter so I can make coffee without waking up the neighbors.
I have 2019 greyhawk 30x, the inverter is in the cabinet across from the foot of the bed. You will find it behind the lower grill panel.
gjkids is offline   Reply With Quote