Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #1

Jayco picked up my Seneca yesterday

Jayco sent a transport person out to the house yesterday to pick up the Seneca and take it back to the factory for some major repairs like replacing the flooring among other things. If you have experience with taking your Seneca back to the factory or having someone to pick it up I would like to hear about it.

Rick
Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:41 PM   #2

What kind of flooring issues did you have, was water intrusion one of the factors, did the water come from the slide seals leaking? Must have been pretty major for return to factory! Hope you get it back before the end of summer. Good luck and keep us posted.
Joe1mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:51 AM   #3

Joe, the main issue is the sub-flooring screws backing out causing bulges in the linoleum. The will have to replace it.
Replacing the tankless HW heater.
Repair or replace the entry door.
Changing out the in-dash radi.o
Having the foof vents changed out to auto open vent (wife cannot reach the knob to open and close it).
And a few other minor items.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #4

Jayco picked up my Seneca yesterday

I am bringing my unit in next week to the dealer for some door replacement and I have two raised screws. I am going to see what they can do but not sure they can can completely fix this without pulling and replacing the vinyl. At this point I just want to see what they would do to repair and if not satisfied I will bring the unit to the factory next winter.

Also what is the issue with your entrance door. I think my latch is set too high and is at the limit to adjust so that might need to be replaced as well.

Hope your season will not be impacted to badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:31 PM   #5

Rvermont, I would not bother with the Dealer on fixing the raised screws. The Seneca needs to go back to the factory.
My entry door looks to be warped where the door latched is. Can not get the deadbolt to work and the door latched is exposed from the outside.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:45 PM   #6

Rick
Did you have to fight with them to get the unit into the factory or was it pretty civil? I have to say this is one of the issues that bothers me, most times I can repair and replace myself. The floor is a completely different issue. Right now I have two that are raised. I want the dealer to at least log it into the warrentee system so I can can fight for the repair if needed. Did they explain how they are going to repair it? The flirting is the first thing down and then everything else is put on top of it. What a mess.

My door latches but the the misalignment has worn the two locking bolts flat on the bottom. Probably lost 1/8 inch Which doesn’t seem like a lot but the bolt is only 3/8 of an inch or so.

Thanks for your reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:24 PM   #7

Jayco has been outstanding about the whole thing to date. We will see what the future holds. I do not believe in RV dealers do anything on my unit if I can help it.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #8

Jayco has someone come to their place and repairs the floor and he can work miracles!
Abe padgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:30 PM   #9

At least your getting a replacement for that Girard water heater. My service center told me that Jayco purchased so many 1st generation tankless heaters that they are still seating them in 2017 models. Even though they have a 3rd generation which I hear is a definite improvement over the generation one. I looke at a 2018 Seneca which now has a Truma. I will replace my gen-1 with a truma or might go back to a tank version.
Joe1mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:11 PM   #10

We have had our 2017 to Shipshawana twice for warranty repairs in 2017. We had a major water intrusion problem, radio-back up camera, door lock and awning. Tri star did the work for Jayco, hopefully water intrusion is fixed, radio not right yet, awning canvas was replaced, speakers still have to be replaced, buzzes all the time, even when shut off. We still have dash lights stay on, even when shut off, hopefully local dealer can find problem.
Love the Seneca-not so thrilled with the annoying fixes. If you go to Middlebury area, visit Rise and Roll Bakery, Yoders Meat Mkt, some of the dairys for cheese.
If during sweet corn time-Sweet Corn Charlie's.
MO Farmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:01 PM   #11

Rick, I had Jayco pick mine up in August '17. They used one of their factory drivers on the way up. On the way back, they had to hire another company's driver and not so pleased with condition I got it back. They were supposed to put fuel back to level they picked it up at (mine was full). Got it back with less than 1/2 tank. I also have reason to suspect he lived in my coach and tried to bring slide in with sleepjumber bed fully inflated
Jayco had mine for 8 weeks. Most fixes were good and they did things that were not on my list. But, when I got it back I still have a rear slide leak and a slide that is skewed to one side...sweep seal will not deploy because its jammed tight against the side. At dealer for their 2nd attempt to fix leak and skewed slide. Jayco also drilled a drain hole at bottom of rear slide. Its big enough for wasp entry and you can feel the cold breeze come in. Water out, bugs and cold in.
Jayco replaced the door lock at their initiative. Still can pull slightly open and bolt is exposed. Just a bad as original.
Jayco has said that I can bring it back again - I will drive it myself if I do.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:10 AM   #12

Rick,

Can you tell me what roof fan they are going to put in? My wife cant open ours either. It surprises me that they put manual ones in in the first place. I am 5'11" and anyone much shorter than me is not be able to open it without a stool.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:13 PM   #13

RyRoRyan, I having them change it out for one with power cover that opens when you turn on the switch. Not sure of the brand I think its a Fan-Tastic.