Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2019, 07:34 PM   #1

Lightweight Cooler

Months ago, I was chatting with someone in a meeting, and they shared that their college age son was working with a group to launch a kickstarter project. They came up with a lightweight cooler that had good cold retention properties like the rotomolded coolers. It caught my interest as the cooler I have(rotomolded, of course) weighs more than enough when empty. Hauling that thing when we load up and empty out is a PITA. So, I decided to search them out on Kickstarter and committed to be a startup sponsor.

Received my cooler today and I must say I'm pretty impressed! It weighs in around ten pounds and holds 45 qts. Looking forward to the next trip to see how it performs, but from what I see so far it will make the back muscles a little happier. If you're in the market for a new cooler that's a bit easier to handle, you might want to take a look at the Onitis 45 at Ruggedroadoutdoors.com. I have no affiliation with these folks whatsoever; just thought I'd share.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:08 PM   #2

Start up sponsor
No affiliation at all

How’s that work?

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:05 AM   #3
Site Team

Does that mean you agreed to be a charter customer?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:08 AM   #4

Nope, just one of the first customers, plain and simple. Kickstarter is a crowd funding platform for new business ventures, where when you commit to be one of the first purchases you typically receive a discounted price. For this project, if they didn't reach the level of funding required, the project would not go forward and your order was simply cancelled.

They met their funding objective to launch into production months ago, and the coolers were projected to ship end of September. Just received mine yesterday afternoon. I like how the rotomolded units retain their cooling power, but I'm the one who has to lug that thing around, by myself. When I heard of this coming out, it caught my interest. Don't get me wrong, as I still have a 21 year old spirit, just that it now resides in a 62 year old body . I haven't used it yet, of course, and will report back as I plan on testing it before I make my next trip.