Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2021, 01:18 PM   #1

Lippert Leveling System

Rig appears level, but we get a message that says “Excess angle” and won’t auto level. Do I need to reset system or is there another way to fix it?
plarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 02:31 PM   #2

Subscribed.
Similar issue on my new rig. Goes through the motions, looks like it is level and then starts running one or more jacks to the limit and says excessive slope and stops.
Reset/rezero procedure sent to me from Lippert did not fix.
I can control all jacks manually and have been leveling that way.
Interested to see if you get a resolution. For me, it is one of the warranty items to be addressed after end of season for our camping.

Good luck!
2017 Silverado 1500 DC 5.3L 4x4 LT (sold)
2021 Sierra 2500 SLT CCSB 4x4 (gas)
E4 16/1.6 hitch
Wxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 02:38 PM   #3

Have same issue with my 21 Seismic 4113.
Seismic4113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 08:34 AM   #4

If the jack runs all the way out and can't go anymore that's why the system says excessive slope. The easy way to correct that is to put blocks under the jacks or move the jacks down on the bracket. This is assuming you aren't actually on a large sloped grade and asking too much from the system.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 08:55 AM   #5

Yes, but at least in my case the jack(s) run to the limit needlessly. Can start in in almost level drive, block under jacks so there is only 2-3 inches space, and start autolevel. Unit will go through the motions, lower front jacks, raise tongue jack, lower rear jacks, etc... and you would think it was level and ready to stop. Instead of stopping it will start running one or more jacks to the limit, lift entire unit off the ground at a very unlevel angle with maybe one or two jacks off the ground, and then decide the slope is excessive and stop.
It is dorked, has never worked.
2017 Silverado 1500 DC 5.3L 4x4 LT (sold)
2021 Sierra 2500 SLT CCSB 4x4 (gas)
E4 16/1.6 hitch
Wxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:13 AM   #6

Sounds like a leveler system reset/calibration is in order...and/or sensor(s) malfunction...
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:34 AM   #7

aye agreed
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:55 PM   #8

Call Equalizer Systems. They fixed mine. We're great.
Seismic4113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 09:00 AM   #9

Angry Auto Level Entegra Odyssey 30Z

We are having major issues with our Auto Level as well. Lately we are having to set them manually just to get the Rig a bit more leveled than the auto way. There is no reason we should be going through this issue after paying so much for the convenience of auto leveling. Let's not forget that trying to get a dealer to fix this issue has also turned into a nightmare since most are scheduling for Nov or much later.
fab50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab50 View Post
Lately we are having to set them manually just to get the Rig a bit more leveled than the auto way. There is no reason we should be going through this issue after paying so much for the convenience of auto leveling.

It could be semantics, but "tweaking the level" is not what I would consider a major issue at all. From what I've read, the leveling system will typically get you close to level, but often not perfect. You can try to "reset the null" on the system, but I settle for close-enough.

If that's what you meant by "a bit more leveled."

I had a major issue earlier this year with eventual system failure. I too reached out directly to Lippert for support and they were awesome! Got me fixed up fast.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by plarou View Post
Rig appears level, but we get a message that says “Excess angle” and won’t auto level. Do I need to reset system or is there another way to fix it?
Just went through this same issue several days ago with Lipperts "Level UP" system (you didn't say what system you have). Recalibrating solved the issue. Being old fashioned, I used a carpenter's level to manually level the coach. You can also use the system's level. After getting level and doing the recalibration sequence, we're completely level both directions after running auto level.

There are some informative videos on Lippert's site and you can download your specific manual which has step-by-step instructions for zero point calibration.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by plarou View Post
I went through many of the same issues described in this thread. reset to null, re-calibrated etc.. I just gave up on auto-level. Manual level is is easy and gets you closer anyway.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert auto level