Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-20-2021, 01:39 PM   #1

Main Power Switch - Odyssey Energy 30Z

Hello,

I have a 2020 Odyssey Energy 30Z. The main power switch will not turn off. This is the switch directly on your left when you enter the RV. I am trying to find a replacement switch. Anyone know where I can find one? or the part number?

Thank you in advance.
Scott
Williasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:28 PM   #2

Are you sure the switch is bad? That switch controls the battery disconnect relay, which is more likely to be the issue. On my Greyhawk, the relay is in the battery bay, underneath the entry steps. Should be easy to see it to confirm if it is working and to find a part number.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williasi View Post
Hello,

I have a 2020 Odyssey Energy 30Z. The main power switch will not turn off. This is the switch directly on your left when you enter the RV. I am trying to find a replacement switch. Anyone know where I can find one? or the part number?

Thank you in advance.
Scott
Hi Scott. It may not be the switch. It could be the Battery Disconnect Solenoid that makes or breaks the connections from the battery to the remainder of the coach. I am not certain where this solenoid is on your unit, but mine is behind the house battery tray, under the coach.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170113_171702165.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	67252 << Under coach
12V Chassis.pdf << Diagram
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ighlight=relay < related thread

Check the connections, and with someone's help see if you can hear any noise from this relay when someone hits the switch.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:21 PM   #4

I hooked the batter back up and the switched started working.
Is this a possible sign the relay may be going bad? I could hear a clicking/switching noise for the relay when I triggered the switch. If this become an intermittent problem, I assume it is a bad relay. Agree? Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:24 PM   #5

My owner's manual has this statement regarding use of the switch:

Never depress the momentary battery disconnect switch for longer than 1 second. Depressing and holding the switch down will disable the battery
disconnect solenoid.
Should this occur the main ground cable for the house batteries must be removed for 1 minute to re-enable the solenoid operation.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:03 PM   #6

thanks for the information, I will keep that in mind if it happens again.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
My owner's manual has this statement regarding use of the switch:

Never depress the momentary battery disconnect switch for longer than 1 second. Depressing and holding the switch down will disable the battery
disconnect solenoid.
Should this occur the main ground cable for the house batteries must be removed for 1 minute to re-enable the solenoid operation.
Before I had known what you shared, I pressed the battery disconnect for longer than one second and sure enough it wouldn't turn back on, however I was able to re-engage the solenoid by simply pressing the "aux start" button located to the lower left of the steering wheel (with the battery disconnect switch back to the power on connected position). I will take a look again at the schematic, but thought I would share my experience, and not sure if this would work for others. ~CA
Old 01-21-2021, 03:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
Before I had known what you shared, I pressed the battery disconnect for longer than one second and sure enough it wouldn't turn back on, however I was able to re-engage the solenoid by simply pressing the "aux start" button located to the lower left of the steering wheel (with the battery disconnect switch back to the power on connected position). I will take a look again at the schematic, but thought I would share my experience, and not sure if this would work for others. ~CA

Thanks - that's a good one to remember. My wife has a tendency to not remember any warnings I mention about such things. Good to know that if / when it happens, I'll try the aux start button.
Old 07-14-2022, 10:36 AM   #9

Main power switch

On my 2021 Grayhawk 30z mine would d not shut off, checked the 2 fuses on the solinoid an Good.. Disconnected the ground cable ftom House batterys for 2 min. Reconnect.. No change... It was a Bad Solinoid stuck in On... Bought one at Local RV an changed it in 4 min....... HELL YEH and I was FIXED.
New jayco user woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 10:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you in advance.
Scott
I just did mine yesterday, replaced on my 2021 Grayhawk 30z mine. I got at my Dealer where I bought my RV, it was 190.00....took 4 min to change...
Old 07-14-2022, 10:47 AM   #11

That's exactly what mine was... I had a Bad Solinoid switch in the battery compartment under my step. I Bought new one at RV dealer where I bought my RV, 190.00 an 4 min I got it done... It was stuck on, the old one...
Old 07-14-2022, 12:48 PM   #12

Is this relay any different than the 12V relay used on some of the older vehicles? If so, the price seems mighty high. What is different or so special about this relay? Thanks
Joey55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 04:01 PM   #13

Quote:
I hooked the batter back up and the switched started working.
Is this a possible sign the relay may be going bad? I could hear a clicking/switching noise for the relay when I triggered the switch. If this become an intermittent problem, I assume it is a bad relay. Agree? Thanks for the reply.
Were you attempting to operated the switch without the battery connected? The switch/solenoid needs the battery to operate.

Something to note- If the battery is VERY low, there wont be enough power to operate the solenoid and at this point you can not turn off the sw (disconnect). It will remain connected and continue to drain the battery until nothing.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 04:11 PM   #14

No They are not any where like old style solinoids, it's totally different..

Tags
main power, switch, toggle