Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2020, 04:05 PM   #1

Melbourne headlight upgrade

Does anyone have experience in upgrading a 2019 or newer Mercedes Sprinters headlights? Of so part numbers or any relevant info would be great
Thank you
Old 11-09-2020, 10:38 AM   #2

I'm interested too. Did a little web research. Some say it is costly to do, to go to LED anyway. But I also saw lighting harnesses that are supposed to work for somewhere around $200. I'm going to look in VanLife groups cause there has to be a lot of info there on the 3500 MB Sprinter.
bluztoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:44 PM   #3

A few weeks after we got our 2017 Melbourne 24M, I took it to the Mercedes dealer, asking them to re-aim the headlights. They did. And it's better.
Seldom do we drive at night, so I could not even say if the lights are sufficient....
thirdktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdktm View Post
A few weeks after we got our 2017 Melbourne 24M, I took it to the Mercedes dealer, asking them to re-aim the headlights. They did. And it's better.
Seldom do we drive at night, so I could not even say if the lights are sufficient....
Yep after 6 months of horrible night vision I took a Phillips to the screw inside the hood. About 4 turns clockwise and my lights improved dramatically! I knew there had to be a simple way to adjust but was afraid I would mess something up. Almost slapped myself in the face for not doing this from day one. Yes, I used my garage, measuring stick, tape, etc for accuracy amazing Jayco doesn’t do this themselves once they slap on the 8000# home.

2016 Melbourne 24K
2014 Flight Swift SLX 184BH (sold)

PHOTO ALBUMS:
2016 Melbourne 24K Mods, Tips, Info
Ortak's 2017 Melbourne 24K mods
KST-184BH is offline   Reply With Quote