Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2020, 03:18 PM   #1

Moving up to A class

I guess I will be leaving this site. I just traded in my Jayco 29xk for a Thor 33.1 Class A. I will miss everyone on this forum, everyone has been great. I have learned many things on here. One thing I noticed right away Is the Thor is unaffected by semi's going past it just drives straight. It has the new Ford 7.3 and it is working fine right now. The interior is more comfortable than the Redhawk and has a bigger floor area because the slides go out farther, The slides go out even instead of the bottom first. The Redhawk had a big pass through in the back I will miss. The wife was missing a bed that we could walk around and this one has a King Serta mattress that feels good but we are still putting a 3 inch topper on it. The new one has two air conditioners and that should help if we have the power to run them. The new unit has no water control panel on it, not sure if that is good or bad. I wish we had gone for the Jayco Grayhawk on the first one because It had almost everything I have now like one button leveling. All tanks are on the inside on the new one, not sure if that is good or bad. My Jayco on full hook ups the hose would lay on the ground and would have to be lifted many times to empty because the outlet was so close to the ground, luckily the new one the hookups are much higher off the ground and adjustable up and down. If anyone goes to buy a motorhome don't do like us try many different models before buying. I wish we could have tried a Jayco class A the first time we might have gone with that but they didn't have any at the time.
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 03:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
I guess I will be leaving this site. I just traded in my Jayco 29xk for a Thor 33.1 Class A.
Why? The only thing that changes is the name on the front. Most of the conversations center around the components and camping.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:59 PM   #3

Maybe I should stay around because of the great people on here and most of the systems are almost the same camper to camper. I guess I will stay to help people and get help when I need it Thank you Grumpy
Old 08-27-2020, 04:01 PM   #4
Site Team

Like Grumpy said, we don't care that there's a different brand in your driveway Bill. We have members that don't even have an RV. There's no need to leave us, and as you know, Thor's part of many brands, including Jayco, and the last I knew, forums don't have brand police making sure what's in your driveway matches your forum membership!

Stick around, the best is yet to come!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
Like Grumpy said, we don't care that there's a different brand in your driveway Bill. We have members that don't even have an RV. There's no need to leave us, and as you know, Thor's part of many brands, including Jayco, and the last I knew, forums don't have brand police making sure what's in your driveway matches your forum membership!

Stick around, the best is yet to come!
Thank you
Old 08-27-2020, 05:43 PM   #6

I am a previous Thor owner (Challenger 37ND) and am a Moderator on the Thor Forums. The folks over on that forum are great, as well, and always willing to help folks out. Over there folks that do not own a Thor label themselves SOB (Some Other Brand) and there are a few.

Which model Thor did you get?

Enjoy.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I am a previous Thor owner (Challenger 37ND) and am a Moderator on the Thor Forums. The folks over on that forum are great, as well, and always willing to help folks out. Over there folks that do not own a Thor label themselves SOB (Some Other Brand) and there are a few.

Which model Thor did you get?

Enjoy.
Thanks It's a 33.1, it came with solar and upgraded cabinets, I didn't know they were in it. Also baby seat tie down but the wife says late 60s is to old for a new baby
Old 08-27-2020, 06:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks It's a 33.1, it came with solar and upgraded cabinets, I didn't know they were in it. Also baby seat tie down but the wife says late 60s is to old for a new baby
ACE, Miramar or other?
Old 08-27-2020, 06:42 PM   #9

Quote:
ACE, Miramar or other?
Ace, I'm still trying find the fresh water tank drain
Old 08-27-2020, 06:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Ace, I'm still trying find the fresh water tank drain
Thor put a lot of them under the bed. Go over to the Thor side and ask. Another mod over there is an Ace owner.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Thor put a lot of them under the bed. Go over to the Thor side and ask. Another mod over there is an Ace owner.
Thanks I'll do that tomorrow. The inlet is on the wall of the bedroom above the storage bins behind the closet. Below the closet behind a panel is the water pump and to the left of that is a drawer with the bypass for the water heater. I only saw it because I made the guy doing the walk through pull them off so I could see inside. He had no idea anything was in there. They don't train their people well
Old 08-27-2020, 07:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Just thought of something before I got rid of the Jayco I replaced the outlets in the dinette and above the couch with ones from Menards. They have a usb and a usb-c built in for fast charging tablets and phones, the usb's put out 6 amps. The one under the dinette I used a dark silver so a person didn't need a flashlight to plug something in. The one over the couch needs to be made wider by 1/4 inch but it just fits. I will do this on the new one also.
Old 01-07-2022, 03:42 AM   #13

I'm pleased to find this thread!

We just traded our 212qb and made a big jump to a Miramar 37.1 Class A. So many people here have helped us navigate through this RV adventure. We are happy we can continue being a small part of the forum!
The switch to the class A is a bit of a challenge. I know now that we can have this trusted team to help us out!
Jacjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 07:41 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Why? The only thing that changes is the name on the front. Most of the conversations center around the components and camping.
Right ! I've been here for years, and though I don't have a Jayco anymore they haven't kicked me out yet !

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote