Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2023, 06:38 PM   #1

Murphy bed

We bought a 24 r jayco Melbourne with. A Murphy bed. How do you get sheets to stay on the bed, the mattress is firmly attached and no way to hold sheets. Any suggestions?
Aglidden65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 08:13 PM   #2

This is the only thing I can think of:
https://www.amazon.com/Murphy-Linen-...a-870109817009
Loaded-N-Rollin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 01:20 PM   #3

It's not easy. I have a 26 M and I'm guessing you are having trouble because the foot of the mattress is screwed into the bed frame. I just tuck down the sides and fold the foot over when we close the bed. It's not the best solution but until my new mattress arrives there isn't much you can do.
MEILI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 04:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEILI View Post
It's not easy. I have a 26 M and I'm guessing you are having trouble because the foot of the mattress is screwed into the bed frame. I just tuck down the sides and fold the foot over when we close the bed. It's not the best solution but until my new mattress arrives there isn't much you can do.

What mattress are you getting and what fits? Any size/weight restrictions? Considering 26M but mattress is a concern.
Lee_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 08:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_RV View Post
What mattress are you getting and what fits? Any size/weight restrictions? Considering 26M but mattress is a concern.

I can't find the link but another member posted this drawing they used to purchase from https://www.custommattressfactory.com/rv-mattress

I found the other thread

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ghlight=murphy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jayco 26M Custom Mattress.pdf (20.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-05-2023, 07:22 PM   #6

We attempted to add a 2 inch topper on our 26m murphy bed. Problem is it doesn't fully retract up! Plus how do you keep sheets and blankets from bein on the outside of the wall when retracted?

Brenda
2023 Redhawk 26M
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:36 PM   #7

Simple Solution

I took a long bungee cord and pulled it tight across the end of the bed. Just folded the sides of the sheets in when I pulled up the mattress. Worked every time, held the sheets and blanket in place.
stbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:14 AM   #8

Thank you for the suggestion. We decided to roll up the topper and just makevthe murphy at night!
Old 06-13-2023, 08:09 AM   #9

I was all set to order a custom mattress but decided to go in a different direction. We love our latex mattress and really wanted to have the same for the RV but the most we could find was a mattress that had a foam base with a latex 1-2" layer at the top.

I had nothing to lose so I decided to order the following toppers

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UYG9F4C...roduct_details

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UYG9LLY...roduct_details

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YRQ2PP8...roduct_details

One is a 3" firm and the other is a 1" medium. I then cut the existing base and top mattress width-wise and pulled out the existing foam. The top mattress was a bit of a pain as it was sewn in several spots. Next, I had a zipper from the link above sewn into both pieces. Now all I had to do was add both layers of latex into the covers and I was done. The mattress looks factory but it's way more comfortable than it was. It's also heavier as latex is not lightweight so I give the bed a little lift as I'm putting it up to compensate for the weight.
Old 06-13-2023, 08:13 AM   #10

Wow! That's awesome! Our mattress is always important to our sleeping restfully. Let me know how it does after a few weeks. Appreciate your sharing.

Brenda
2023 Redhawk 26M
Old 06-20-2023, 05:10 PM   #11

An update. Since we had our first 3 nights out in the Redhawk and actually used the murphy bed, we found that there is quite a bit of space behind the bottom of the murphy wall. So, we made our murphy bed on the 2"Perlecare gel memory foam topper. Then in the morning we used the old sleeping bag rollup routine with sheets and the topper in as tight a roll as we could get. Holding the roll and hitting the up switch for the murphy bed wall to retract, there were no sheets or bedding peaking out from behind the wall!

Wanted to thank all the folks that helped me get to this idea from your replies!

Brenda
2023 Redhawk 26M
Old 06-23-2023, 07:41 PM   #12

Murphy Bed

I have a 22 RP sprinter model. The murphy bed is to high and hard for us. We
are thinking about trying to take the murphy bed out and replace it with a couch bed combo. I would like to here from anyone to has done this.
22RP is offline   Reply With Quote